installed linux on seperate partition but cant boot into windows anymore

hi all today i installed linux mint on my computer. i have installed it on a separate partition which i created in windows 10. the install went smooth selected the right drives and etc. but when ever i boot my pc now it doesn't let  me choose which os to boot into.

please help

thank you

Shouldn't your Linux boot process start with choices? Most of the time it'll have the option "boot with another OS" as the last option.

HI that is because the Linux "bootloader" (small program that starts before the OS that starts the OS) erased the windows one

Just now, guillaumedsde said:

HI that is because the Linux "bootloader" (small program that starts before the OS that starts the OS) erased the windows one

Yeah it'll look something like this:  grub.jpg

Just now, leonard_sun said:

Yeah it'll look something like this:  grub.jpg

aww shoot is there any way to get it back? or fix it?

5 minutes ago, guillaumedsde said:

thak you for your help, is there any way to get it back?

Just now, am4nkh4n said:

aww shoot is there any way to get it back? or fix it?

Without doing a Reformat? I've not tried it successfully, But since it's got to do with the MBR when in essence you should be able to remove the created boot.img from the hidden partition and that should (please take this with a grain of salt) default back to just the windows boot process. 

I am not very sure either but I think that the bootloader is different from the boot partition (only a guess based on my experience with android partitions). Otherwise no, the repair install will not reformat, it will try to repair the windows partition along with the bootloader

I made this mistake too. I spent like 6 hours trying to fix it. I tried fixing the mbr and everything. I eventually bought an SSD and switched to that as a boot drive and completely erased my HDD. One work around was when it brought me to the menu before launch if I hit ESC it would just boot into my windows partition.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]