K5 PRO viscous thermal paste

Ado

K5 PRO viscous thermal paste for graphics card thermal pad replacement. Is this a good idea?   sorry for my bad english...

6 minutes ago, Ado said:

K5 PRO viscous thermal paste for graphics card thermal pad replacement. Is this a good idea?   sorry for my bad english...

You use Thermal Pads not Thermal paste. There is a reason for it mate. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

But viscous thermal paste desinged for thermal pad replacement. Why is this a bad idea to use it for VRM's and mem chips?

2 minutes ago, Ado said:

But viscous thermal paste desinged for thermal pad replacement. Why is this a bad idea to use it for VRM's and mem chips?

Because if it's conductive then will short out stuff. So that's why it's important to use thermal pads. Removing certain thermal pads even if they are replacements, can cause overheating issues.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I asked for one technician about K5 PRO.. " K5 PRO can repalce all kinds of thermal pads up to 3.5mm thick. It is not electrically conductve so it doesn't cause any problems and can be cleaned easily with dry paper. " I thinking about that paste, because i don't know GTX 280 the thickness of the thermal pads :/