Suggestions for ultrawide G-Sync curved 100-144Hz monitor

Just now, Metro said:

It is mid end Pascal Q2 2016, however high end Pascal is Q1 2017

That seems a little backwards to how they normally do it!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

21 minutes ago, koltregaskes said:

FYI incase you didn't know Overclockers have got the release date for tomorrow 18/02/2016, just hovered over the pre-order button.

Also if you haven't seen this already, take a look at this:

9 minutes ago, Metro said:

I had my ASUS PG348Q since Friday :)

Worth the money? :-)

Kol

9 minutes ago, Metro said:

Thanks for the info.  Then it's their next GPU in 2018.  Never ending... :-)

Kol

3 minutes ago, Ron-Burgundy-198 said:

FYI incase you didn't know Overclockers have got the release date for tomorrow 18/02/2016, just hovered over the pre-order button.

Also if you haven't seen this already, take a look at this:

Ah, didn't notice that on OC.  Thank you! :-)

And thanks for the link.

Kol

4 hours ago, Metro said:

Don't expect the TI variant until mid 2017.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

OC tell me that for ultra settings to work on new game 2x GTX 980Ti's for 50-60fps would be needed.  They don't seem to know when they have stock so perhaps the 18th date is wrong?

Kol

Anything over 75 Hz is a crap shoot LG and Samsung IPS panels are not designed for over 75 Hz. Pretty sure neither company sells one that works over 75 hz currently. Samsung & LG make all the panels that everyone else uses.

On 2/15/2016 at 11:21 AM, koltregaskes said:

Thanks for your replies.  What would it take to play on ultra settings?

I guess the higher rest needs more gfx power to output the extra pixels?  I can run ultra fine at the moment but of course that's just at 1920x1200.

I read elsewhere on here that FreeSync is more in favour than G-Sync.  Is this the case?  I can't imagine NVIDIA stepping back from G-Sync but if monitor manufacturers start fading out support then they won't have a choice.  It's a shame there isn't a shared standard both AMD and NVIDIA can support.

There is its called Adaptive Sync or Freesync and its shared by everyone on the VESA board with the likes of Samsung, LG, AMD, Nvidia, Sony, probably 20 other major companies. Problem is NVidia wants you to use G-sync so that it locks you into buying one of there cards and that's the truth. Samsung and LG each make 5 or 6 Freesync monitors already and no G-Sync. They will not pay Nvidia royalty fees to sell 50000 monitors they are into million units. Also its a easy firmware change to provide freesync.

Just a quick update to anyone in the UK who's looking to buy the PG348Q

I just spoke to Overclockers, they had a small shipment of units on 29/1 and they've gone out to pre-order customers.

They're overdue a shipment of 24 units today, that didn't arrive yesterday and they've got 20 pre-orders out of 24 to send out.

So just to be clear the monitor's already released but they're only sending out small batches to re-sellers

On 17/02/2016 at 6:27 PM, Jahramika said:

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC98-W-ultrawide-monitor

Well if hever ever review this one sure it will trump that.

That's all well and good but if you want a monitor to go with an Nvidia GPU for G-sync it's either the X34 Predator or the PG348Q, not mentioning the fact the 34UC98 has a max refresh rate of 60hz. Superb monitor, no arguments there but doesn't have the refresh rate or G-sync that some people want from a monitor.