Windows 10 reinstall

Wotan

Hey guys,

I am not realy professional when it comes to hardware and I would like to know how I can do a clean reinstall of windows 10 on my laptop. The thing is I upgraded from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 and then to 10 some time ago, so I dont have a Win 10 cd. Now I would like to do a clean install, so my laptop is a bit faster and now that I have a gaming pc anyways, I dont need the games on my laptop anYways, but there are always some files somewhere hiding from other programs. My plan was to just do a reainstall which automatically  reformats my :C drive and then format my other drives.

:C drive (Samsung 840 evo 250gb)

:N drive (Samsung 840 evo 250gb mSATA)

:L drive (Samsung 5400 rpm 1TB)

thanks in advance,

Wotan

PS: the laptop also has other drivers such as touchpad and audio drivers, which are essential for using it, so how do I get those, also, how do I reactivate my windows key cuz its OEM, I need to know the windows hotline where I can ask some microsoft staff to reset the key for me (I can say, that my drive broke or something like that)

Thread moved to Windows.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just go to this link here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

You can get the drivers from the support site of your PC/Motherboard

It should activate automatically once you connect to the internet after installation. But you can go check it out in settings => Update and Recovery => Windows Activation

Hope this helps!

00100101 00110000 01111100 00100101 00110000

Again - try using windows restore option. Clean reinstalls when you don't have a windows key are kinda risky as some people encountered problems with activation. Windows restore basically does the same thing by wiping your HDD and it's so easy to do. Only one click to make your PC work like factory new.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

I'm pretty sure once you upgraded to Win10 your Win8 Product key would be upgraded to 10? Do I have this completely wrong? 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Once you upgrade, a hardware I'd is generated and stored on MS servers. When you reinstall Windows 10, it will ask you a product key, you all the option to skip it, do so, the setup will resume, everything will be fine, and moments after Win 10 access the web it will auto activate itself back. This has been tested on my side.

1 minute ago, FluffiestPond said:

I'm pretty sure once you upgraded to Win10 your Win8 Product key would be upgraded to 10? Do I have this completely wrong? 

No, you're not wrong. You're right.

And, as of Windows 10 Release 1511, you can use Windows 7/8/8.1 keys to activate Windows 10

00100101 00110000 01111100 00100101 00110000

Just now, infraRED said:

No, you're not wrong. You're right.

And, as of Windows 10 Release 1511, you can use Windows 7/8/8.1 keys to activate Windows 10

YAY! I was right for once :3

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat