Audio technica m50x vs sennheiser hd 558

Tarkia

Hi.

Looking for a new allaround headset, mostly for pc gaming and music. Not really sure what i want, but i found theese pritty compelling. 

Want to spend around the pricing of them. Will also be using them on long drives.

Open to new suggestions as well :-)

I recommend the HD558. I don't recommend closed backs unless you need the sound isolation and the "in your head" sort of sound. If you do need closed backs, I recommend the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro. The Audio Technica ATH-AD900X is also a good open back but it may be a little bit fatiguing over a long period of time.

10 minutes ago, InfiniteZero0 said:

I recommend the HD558. I don't recommend closed backs unless you need the sound isolation and the "in your head" sort of sound. If you do need closed backs, I recommend the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro. The Audio Technica ATH-AD900X is also a good open back but it may be a little bit fatiguing over a long period of time.

2 hours ago, Tarkia said:

Yeah I'd say that's a good choice. The M50X's are kinda shit for the price, the M40X's are the same damn headphone for cheaper, and even they aren't great for the price.

3 hours ago, InfiniteZero0 said:

man I loved my a900x's but one of the ears went out after 3 year of using them and it sucked they sounded so good.

Motherboard - Asus Z97-WS ll Processor -Intel i7-4790K ll Cooling- Custom Loop ll RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(2x8) @2400 ll Graphics Card  - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI ll PSU - Corsair AX 1200 Watts ll SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ll HDD - seagate barracuda green 2TB & Seagate 4TB ll Case - Silverstone TJ11 ll Audio - Asus Xonar Essence STX  ll OS- Win 10 PRO 64-bit ll Keyboard- CM Storm QuickfireTK Green Switchesll Mouse- Logitech G502