Corsair Strafe Keyboard FN key lock?

kieron8725

Really like the sound (pun not intended!) of the Corsair Strafe MX silent keyboard. However I don't like the fact that the media keys are built into the F keys. Does this keyboard have a FN key lock shortcut to avoid having to keep pressing the FN key?

I do wish the K70 had a MX silent version.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...

Yes, SusieKyuu is right. Download AutoHotKey here. Then read through the quick start tutorial. When you know how to create a script and insert the following code into it (without the quotes).

"F5::Volume_Mute
return
F7::Volume_Down
return
F8::Volume_Up
return
F9::Media_Stop
return
F10::Media_Prev
return
F11::Media_Play_Pause
return
F12::Media_Next
return

^F5::F5
return
^F7::F7
return
^F8::F8
return
^F9::F9
return
^F10::F10
return
^F11::F11
return
^F12::F12
return"

This will make your F5, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, and F12 keys function as Mute, Volume up, Volume down, Stop, Previous, Play/Pause, and Next, respectively. It will also make pressing ctrl + F5, 6,7,8,9,10,11, or 12 execute their original function.

Finally, copy your new script into your startup folder and it will automatically run upon startup of your computer.

Good Luck.

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

Have you got the cue software installed? upload you the config from my rgb strafe, the cue sotware is really easy to remap with. I use the fn key to cycle through pre sets, 1 normal keyboard, 2 media keys.

In the corsair utility engine,

-create new mode > in assignments assign FN to cycle modes > set lighting and what ever you like default > upload to the board as a default setting >create new profile (set fn to cycle modes) > in the assignment tab click a key and then remap > set lighting or what ever and save profile.

If you're @kieron8725using a Strafe RGB base model I'll upload my config which will do what you want, and cut out all the un-needed macros ive setup. link me to your model to make sure, they're not cross compatible with certain keyboard models

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige