Windows 10 or 8.1

ChaosComes

Hey everyone I'm currently building a new pc and I've got to the os selection and I was told by a few people that windows 10 will not allow over clocked cpu should I just get 8.1 or what thanks in advance

Whoever told you Windows 10 doesn't allow overclocked CPU's is an idiot.

Windows 10 has DX12, and is just plain better imo.

Windows 10 easily.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

2 minutes ago, ChaosComes said:

Hey everyone I'm currently building a new pc and I've got to the os selection and I was told by a few people that windows 10 will not allow over clocked cpu should I just get 8.1 or what thanks in advance

It depends on what version oh DX you want.

If you get windows 8.1 because you think windows 10 doesn't support overclocking then you shouldn't be building a PC. Why on earth wouldn't windows 10 support overclocking?

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

Actually, if you use the BIOS to overclock CPU you shouldn't have any issues with Overclocking in windows 10. So you should go with windows 10. Better than 8 for sure. 

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

7 minutes ago, username_ said:

I wonder how people come up with bs like this...

H81 boards and G3258's.

People don't know a lot of things.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

They are much crap being said for every version of Windows, it is mind blowing. The worst is that people believes in it. Like I don't know if it some Microsoft haters coming up with stories to try and make a new version fail, or they are just mass trollers because it is fun, like people saying that you can recharge you iPhone in your microwave quickly... yes... people tried, and burned their phone. Like I don't know what to say about this... :|

Anyway, Win10 had a rough start at released, was rushed out. But now, assuming you make sure you have the latest drivers, and Windows 10 is fully updated, you should have a great experience. Ao far, I think Intel graphic drivers on mobile space are still super buggy and crashes all the time. But that is Intel issue, not Microsoft, especially that Nvidia and AMD have no problem

Windows 10

Thanks for the input I've had widows 7 and sandy bridge for so long it been ages since I've upgraded or built a new system ty For the info helps a lot