Samsung Galaxy S7: Leaked pictures

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Meh. I'll get a Z5 or Z6, thanks.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

7 hours ago, TehStranger? said:

Says the getting all his information from online reviews.......

i own one.

Meanwhile I sit here with a 3500$ PC and a smartphone from 2012 that I got from my mom. I personally don't get what people like so much about smartphones and tablets. A desktop PC is way more practical IMO. I can easily live without my smartphone but I would die without my rig.

3 hours ago, XCalinX said:

-snip-

You would probably die faster without a phone, than your computer, in emergency situations. On the other hand, you said "smartphone", so you could always get a 10€ dumb phone.

Groomlake Authority

26 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

You would probably die faster without a phone, than your computer, in emergency situations. On the other hand, you said "smartphone", so you could always get a 10€ dumb phone.

Yes, in fact I used a non touchscreen phone until September last year when my PC was around 2500$

1 minute ago, XCalinX said:

-snip-

I always keep myself with a dumb Samsung phone, to backup my potential "dead" battery S6 :P on a very call necessary situation.

Groomlake Authority

That looks damn CHEAP. Goddamnnit Samsung.

Intel i7 3770 | ASUS P8Z77-V | 32GB Kingstorn HyperX Fury | ASUS Dual Radeon RX 480 (4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro | 3TB WD Green | Corsair CX500 | Corsair Carbide 500R

6 hours ago, TehStranger? said:

That explains the bias.

no that explains your bias with the z3. all other phones out there have the much inferior snapdragon 810 or 808 and slower nand.after one year the s6 still has the best camera,the display is the best on the market,best soc,the premium design is still there etc etc

7 hours ago, TehStranger? said:

That explains the bias.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

"You only like it because you haven't used it yourself!"

"But I own it..."

"Then that means you are biased!"

That means we can never listen to anything anyone says, ever.

Here are some facts you can't argue with.

The Galaxy S 6 has the:

Best screen.

Fastest processor.

Fastest NAND.

Fastest charging.

Best or second best camera.

Very premium feeling design.

Minimal bloat in their skin (used to be bad in the SGS4 and 5).

Of any Android smartphone right now. You'd have to be an idiot to say that it is bad. You might not like it for some reason, but that does not make it a bad phone. When you look at it objectively, it is the best Android phone you can buy in most areas.

10 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

"You only like it because you haven't used it yourself!"

"But I own it..."

"Then that means you are biased!"

That means we can never listen to anything anyone says, ever.

Here are some facts you can't argue with.

The Galaxy S 6 has the:

Best screen.

Fastest processor.

Fastest NAND.

Fastest charging.

Best or second best camera.

Very premium feeling design.

Minimal bloat in their skin (used to be bad in the SGS4 and 5).

Of any Android smartphone right now. You'd have to be an idiot to say that it is bad. You might not like it for some reason, but that does not make it a bad phone. When you look at it objectively, it is the best Android phone you can buy in most areas.

Are those for android side? I thought the A9 was faster than the exynos and iPhone 6s has faster flash chips doesn't it? Or is it just the controller that makes the difference?

16 hours ago, XCalinX said:

Meanwhile I sit here with a 3500$ PC and a smartphone from 2012 that I got from my mom. I personally don't get what people like so much about smartphones and tablets. A desktop PC is way more practical IMO. I can easily live without my smartphone but I would die without my rig.

When you're young, you have the time to stay home on the computer most of the time, when you start working full time, you'll spend more time on your smartphone than a computer at home, unless you got yourself a really high hourly wage and don't work as long, in which case, lucky you.

17 minutes ago, thecreativename said:

Are those for android side? I thought the A9 was faster than the exynos and iPhone 6s has faster flash chips doesn't it? Or is it just the controller that makes the difference?

Yes that's for the Android side. That's why I added the "Of any Android smartphone right now" at the end. Samsung and Apple are playing in a completely different league than the rest of the phone manufacturers.

The A9 is a lot faster at single threaded performance but the Exynos is better at multithreaded stuff (which is actually surprisingly common on Android).

Apple's storage just blows everything else out of the water though. I really hope Samsung does something similar for the Galaxy S7 (NVMe controller, SLC burst cache and then TLC for mass storage). They got the SSD expertise to pull it off for sure.

1 hour ago, thecreativename said:

yes. iphone 6s is the fastest ever

13031552-content.png

2 hours ago, s3ns3 said:

no that explains your bias with the z3. all other phones out there have the much inferior snapdragon 810 or 808 and slower nand.after one year the s6 still has the best camera,the display is the best on the market,best soc,the premium design is still there etc etc

I am not bias at all, I've just had a positive experience with the Z3 and have seen first hand how shit Samsung devices are, it doesn't mean I am bias.

You keep going on about the specs but that is completely irrelevant to the fact that they slow the fuck down over a short amount of time.

If you need more convincing that I am not bias (not that I care tbh) I will have you know I was close to buying a Note 5 before I got this Z3 because the screen is fucking amazing on that thing, but I had to force myself not to get it because every Samsung phone I've used was slow as shit and touchwiz is fucking horrible.

7 minutes ago, TehStranger? said:

You keep going on about the specs but that is completely irrelevant to the fact that they slow the fuck down over a short amount of time.

and i`m just telling you its fast and it doesnt slow down

1 minute ago, s3ns3 said:

and i`m just telling you its fast and it doesnt slow down

Well that's your opinion. Done arguing about this. Cya

1 hour ago, TehStranger? said:

I am not bias at all, I've just had a positive experience with the Z3 and have seen first hand how shit Samsung devices are, it doesn't mean I am bias.

Actually, that is pretty much the perfect definition of bias.

Bias is an inclination or outlook to present or hold a partial perspective, often accompanied by a refusal to consider the possible merits of alternative points of view. Biases are learned implicitly within cultural contexts. People may develop biases toward or against an individual, an ethnic group, a nation, a religion, a social class, a political party, theoretical paradigms and ideologies within academic domains, or a species.[1] Biased means one-sided, lacking a neutral viewpoint, or not having an open mind. Bias can come in many forms and is related to prejudice and intuition.

You had a bad experience with a Samsung product and now calls everyone who says anything positive about Samsung a fanboy, and stubbornly refuse to admit that Samsung phones are good in any way. Everything that is positive about Samsung is completely irrelevant to you.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Actually, that is pretty much the perfect definition of bias.

You had a bad experience with a Samsung product and now calls everyone who says anything positive about Samsung a fanboy, and stubbornly refuse to admit that Samsung phones are good in any way. Everything that is positive about Samsung is completely irrelevant to you.

Wrong. I haven't even used the word "fanboy" nor have I implied that other guy is a fanboy in any way. If you've read my second last post you would see that I praised the Note 5's amazing screen and strongly considered buying it.

Wipe your mouth mate, you're dribbling shit.

22 minutes ago, TehStranger? said:

Wrong. I haven't even used the word "fanboy" nor have I implied that other guy is a fanboy in any way. If you've read my second last post you would see that I praised the Note 5's amazing screen and strongly considered buying it.

Wipe your mouth mate, you're dribbling shit.

Your only argument is your two friends who are blessed with talent for screwing up phones. They somehow got a galaxy s6 to become sluggish and somehow become slower than your z3 compact, that's some witchcraft going on right there.

Your z3 is NOT faster than the current samsung flagships in any shape or form, not in benchmarks, and not in real world usage. It doesn't even come close. It probably comes close to the s5 if anything.

On 2/10/2016 at 3:22 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

The images could be some of the first tantalising looks at Samsung's long awaited follow-up to the Galaxy S6

I feel , we have very different definitions of "Long awaited". 

Side note, glossy back, dafaq? 

9 hours ago, thecreativename said:

Your only argument is your two friends who are blessed with talent for screwing up phones. They somehow got a galaxy s6 to become sluggish and somehow become slower than your z3 compact, that's some witchcraft going on right there.

Your z3 is NOT faster than the current samsung flagships in any shape or form, not in benchmarks, and not in real world usage. It doesn't even come close. It probably comes close to the s5 if anything.

K.