$3400 build about to purchase some last min advice would be nice

nexamoon

here you go

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($554.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($102.34 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI X99A GAMING 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($253.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($138.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($297.49 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($196.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($637.96 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($637.96 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($186.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($124.74 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($90.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $3333.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-10 02:27 EST-0500

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

2 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Didn't mean to hurt your feels bro... keep your HDD if you want.

i do like the fact that HDD last longer then SSD and since they are cheap and im running them in raid 1. so if i loose one drive i can replace it, i have family photos and video i would not like to loose, which i did loose before when my ssd crashed on this current build

1 minute ago, raendeu said:

HDDs are a thing, and your SSD fanboyism is just plain stupid.
If you plan to use SSD as a long term storage, then I think that is literally THE stupidest thing I have heard all year round. "Just buy more SSD!"

You're sounding like a Jehovah's witness trying to sell more bibles, or in this case - SSDs.

Do explain? Bro...

4 minutes ago, nexamoon said:

i do like the fact that HDD last longer then SSD and since they are cheap and im running them in raid 1. so if i loose one drive i can replace it, i have family photos and video i would not like to loose, which i did loose before when my ssd crashed on this current build

Which is why you use HDD and not SSD. They're not, and never were designed for long term use and storage with constant overwriting.

For god sakes, it's the very reason why you don't defrag your freaking SSD.

4 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Do explain? Bro...

What's there to explain?

Over one gaming session I'm writing over 1.6Tb of gaming recording in 2560x1440/60FPS

If I would make this thread - you'd probably recommend 2-3TB SSD?

Which would die after a month of my gaming.

You notice a difference whenever you're using your SSD, but that's only for core OS and gaming respectively. You do NOT NEED to SPEND money on SSDs for LONG TERM or in fact, any other type of storage.

SSD is for quick write/access, not data storage.

That is why I only have 330gb on my 550 EVO, and 2TB on my 3TB WD Black at any given moment.

14 minutes ago, nexamoon said:

x34 predator OC to 100 no lag

But are you just gaming, if so what games?

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

4 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Do explain? Bro...

You are aware that most of the games especially older ones have 1 or 2 second boost from using a ssh (Csgo) but thats not the point. You really think it fusable for consumers to hold 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 TB of data on SSD's? Even for enterprise that is still costly and in majority of case does not provide what they need.

I'm not saying its the future, but we are living in now. Future is still far ahead.

About me | Blog 

Which is why you use HDD and not SSD. They're not, and never were designed for long term use and storage with constant overwriting.

For god sakes, it's the very reason why you don't defrag your freaking SSD.

What's there to explain?

Over one gaming session I'm writing over 1.6Tb of gaming recording in 2560x1440/60FPS

You notice a difference whenever you're using your SSD, but that's only for core OS and gaming respectively. You do NOT NEED to SPEND money on SSDs for LONG TERM or in fact, any other type of storage.

This may be off-topic but, how long was your gaming sessions and what game was this to write that much?, SSD aren't meant for recording, people usually get SSD for fast load time like for fast loading in applications like the Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects or anything they want to load faster like games.

What's there to explain?

Notice the I's in your argument. Sounds to me like a personal problem. "I"'ve been using large capacity SSD's for long term storage no problems. REGARDLESS of that fact I don't feel he has to move past HDD's if he doesn't want to, it's a suggestion not an order.

if all your going to do is game then I'd drop down to the 6700k if you want to stay with the modern ram or drop down to the 5820k if you want to stay x99.  You can drop the m.2 drive and put the saved money in to a large SSD. I'd keep the HDD for over flow programs and data, not quite sure if you need the 1000W power supply even with crazy over clocks an 900w or even an 850 should be fine. But the rest of the build is fine. 

1 minute ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Notice the I's in your argument. Sounds to me like a personal problem. "I"'ve been using large capacity SSD's for long term storage no problems. REGARDLESS of that fact I don't feel he has to move past HDD's if he doesn't want to, it's a suggestion not an order.

I don't recommend a 2-3 tb ssd.

1 minute ago, nexamoon said:

AAA titles, Witcher 3, GTA V, COD's, 

Are you playing in 4k? What kind of monitor will you be playing on? Other than games and common task like web browsing etc do you do any heavy load work on your PC?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

2 hours ago, Dzzope said:

Perfect build for your needs if your not rendering or streaming etc.. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jDJxnQ

This.. spend the extra thousand bucks you save on a really wicked looking custom water cool loop :D

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

5 minutes ago, Macronus said:

You are aware that most of the games especially older ones have 1 or 2 second boost from using a ssh (Csgo) but thats not the point. You really think it fusable for consumers to hold 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 TB of data on SSD's? Even for enterprise that is still costly and in majority of case does not provide what they need.

I'm not saying its the future, but we are living in now. Future is still far ahead.

No I don't advise people to store large data archives on ssd's I'd like to think that the average consumer doesn't record their every event for posterity. However I've been wrong before. Having a large bulk data HDD is fine and dandy. I just believe in mulching the material instead of hording.

If you got the money... might as well I guess...

$2810:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($384.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI X99A GAMING 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($253.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($153.28 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($660.35 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($660.35 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($87.95 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2780.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-10 02:53 EST-0500