Colors that glow under blue lights?

online_olympian

My case is lit up with all sorts of blue lighting and on my last mobo there was one red colored port that glowed in this light. Does anyone know what color paint looks good with this lighting hue? Thanks!

3b6173a1-6909-4198-8299-0d33734920c0.jpg

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

what are you going to paint? silver would look good with blue or white 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I'd say any light color paint. But I'm no scientist so don't take my word for it. Your best bet would to take a small price of plastic since it is not conductive and secure it in the case and test it out with different paints. Just let the paint dry before putting it in and make sure not to use lead paint or anything like that

3 minutes ago, JordanH97 said:

I'd say any light color paint. But I'm no scientist so don't take my word for it. Your best bet would to take a small price of plastic since it is not conductive and secure it in the case and test it out with different paints. Just let the paint dry before putting it in and make sure not to use lead paint or anything like that

they dont sell lead paint anymore (at least not in the us) so he should be fine 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

what are you going to paint? silver would look good with blue or white 

I would like to accent a few things and am just wondering if anyone knows the exact color that glows fluorescent orange under this lighting color.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

1 minute ago, online_olympian said:

I would like to accent a few things and am just wondering if anyone knows the exact color that glows fluorescent orange under this lighting color.

are they blue led or uv led because nothing really "glows" under blue colored leds unless there is some metal flakes in the paint that would reflect the blue light. if they are uv leds thats a different story 

Just now, Maybach123 said:

are they blue led or uv led because nothing really "glows" under blue colored leds unless there is some metal flakes in the paint.

I had a motherboard in here before which had a sata port that glowed fluorescent orange when these lights were on it. 

I am not sure if they are uv or not. a few are getting light from my cooler master fans and a few from my nxzt led lighting. 

Just now, online_olympian said:

I had a motherboard in here before which had a sata port that glowed fluorescent orange when these lights were on it. 

do you remember the motherboards name? because that still isnt enough to go on 

41 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

do you remember the motherboards name? because that still isnt enough to go on 

It was an asus 775 mobo, I was just hoping someone would've noticed the way a certain color lit up in the presence of this blue light. Thought maybe it was common knowledge in the modding world. :)

Maybe a neon orange or neon pink???

39 minutes ago, online_olympian said:

It was an asus 775 mobo, I was just hoping someone would've noticed the way a certain color lit up in the presence of this blue light. Thought maybe it was common knowledge in the modding world. :)

2 hours ago, online_olympian said:

My case is lit up with all sorts of blue lighting and on my last mobo there was one red colored port that glowed in this light. Does anyone know what color paint looks good with this lighting hue? Thanks!

For a glow effect you will need to look into UV LED's and UV reactive paints or products that can glow. In those situations though you'd want no other light source and have it as dark as possible so the UV effect is greatest.