Need to fool an old game into thinking a USB stick is a disc

Railgun

So I want to play a really old game called Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (basically Age Of Empires but more pew pew and wizards with light sticks). To play the game, the first thing you need to do is insert the CD and install it. Once you finish installing, you can load the game but the CD has to be in for you to start a match. Since my computer doesn't have a disc drive I had my friend send me all the files that are included in the disc through skype so that I could install. It installed properly and I can load the game just fine but I still need to have the CD in to play it. How can I fool the game into thinking that a USB stick is a CD since that's the only thing I can stick the files on? When I put all the files onto the stick and renamed it to what the disc would be called, the stick's icon changed to the icon of the game but the game still tells me to insert the CD.

What can I do about this to get it to work?

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Sorry thats not how it work.

They ask you to start the game with the disc in there sometimes even as a once off just so you can verify the game is genuine and not a copy.

There are ways around this issue, however none will tell you how to do it on these forums as it would be breaking forum policies. 

2 minutes ago, JWMutant said:

Sorry thats not how it work.

They ask you to start the game with the disc in there sometimes even as a once off just so you can verify the game is genuine and not a copy.

There are ways around this issue, however none will tell you how to do it on these forums as it would be breaking forum policies. 

This game requires you to have the disc every time. Disc number 2 also works.

Why can't you tell me how to get around this, or at least point me in the right direction so that I can figure it out myself? I own a copy so this isn't piracy. I just don't have a disc drive x D

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

As I said to explain how to get around it would break forum policy. And I for 1 am not going to get a black mark against my name purely because someone cant google "How to start a game with XX XX".

Thats the best hint you will get from anyone.B|

You mount the ISO as a virtual disk. This is a feature built into Windows now I think.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Just now, EposVox said:

You mount the ISO as a virtual disk. This is a feature built into Windows now I think.

More than likely will not work without once again doing research as the game ships with safedisc which is designed to stop this exact thing.

Just google it cant be that hard to figure it out wont say since against COC.

2 minutes ago, EposVox said:

im pretty sure it's not an ISO.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

lol got it fixed via googling