Overclocking Samsung Laptop

Go to solution Solved by Josephdalepi,
2 minutes ago, Giuseppe96 said:

This is not a definitive settings i just want to try, i have also other pc for games that are better, however is possible that does not have the bios/uefi? 

not only is there the heat, but also power delivery

laptops are designed to do what they do

do not overclock, and overvolting is even worse

Hi! I'll overclock my laptop samsung (intel core i7) but i can't acces to BIOS, is possible that it doesn't have?? Or how can i overclock the cpu and even the gpu? If you need i'll post some photo but i don't know what do you need so i'll wait for answers... ?

1 minute ago, Giuseppe96 said:

Hi! I'll overclock my laptop samsung (intel core i7) but i can't acces to BIOS, is possible that it doesn't have?? Or how can i overclock the cpu and even the gpu? If you need i'll post some photo but i don't know what do you need so i'll wait for answers... ?

dont overclock laptops

they are designed for the thermals of the default chip

want to overclock? build a pc

I've done it with my laptop just for ships and giggles, but reverted it right back. 

It's not worth it in a notebook, the thermals are usually close to the T-junction.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe96 said:

All computers have a BIOS; you can normally get to them by pressing something like F10, F11, or F12 at boot before the OS loads.

Do not overclock your laptop.  Sorry.

Proud member of the Warranty Voider Club.  Join us.

2 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

dont overclock laptops

they are designed for the thermals of the default chip

want to overclock? build a pc

This is not a definitive settings i just want to try, i have also other pc for games that are better, however is possible that does not have the bios/uefi? 

1 minute ago, Giuseppe96 said:

no

likely just locked

its simple

just do not overclock a laptop

its a bad idea

1 minute ago, mackhack321 said:

All computers have a BIOS; you can normally get to them by pressing something like F10, F11, or F12 at boot before the OS loads.

Do not overclock your laptop.  Sorry.

Ok i'll not do

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe96 said:

not only is there the heat, but also power delivery

laptops are designed to do what they do

do not overclock, and overvolting is even worse