First Build Need Help

This is my fist post and I plan on using it for gaming and maybe streaming in the future> I wanted to know how I did (is everything going to work well together) and if this set up allows for improvement. The rig is already bought and cost me 1500 USD any tips for a first timer getting into this would be nice.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PW7tjX

Screenshot (7).png

1 hour ago, Warsonggultch said:

Larger SSD, similar gaming performance

wait if you already bought it why are you asking about it? because you should totally return it and throw in a free-sync display of some kind with the saved money.

Also the 390 is a better GPU overall

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LgJB23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LgJB23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($244.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($70.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($78.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($133.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($303.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $982.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-07 19:02 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I already bought it, and had to use amazon as its what i prefer and prime is great for getting it here fast. I try to stick with nvidia stuff as it is what i am comfortable with as my friends around here mostly use their products. I only intend on using SSD for my OS. Most of my purchases seemed like safe buys and had high reviews. The RAM I got was like 400 dollars but on sale for 80 figured it was a steal but didnt know if my Mobo would downgrade the speed as it only supports 1600mhz and the ram is 1866mhz. I also tried overshooting for PSU and such so I don't have to worry for a bit as a second build should be years away when I have a better job.

As for just general knowledge I dont plan on overclocking as i dont feel safe doing it. I am wanting to know what i did well and what i did wrong and why for future references.

7 minutes ago, Warsonggultch said:

As for just general knowledge I dont plan on overclocking as i dont feel safe doing it. I am wanting to know what i did well and what i did wrong and why for future references.

Well RAM speed doesn't matter for anything

and then why did you spend a bunch of money on overclocking hardware?

and overall nvidia seems to be the worse choice, recently they've taken to seemingly downgrade performance on their 700 series cards with fallout patch 1.3 at least, and you have to pay at minimum a $100 premium to use an adaptive sync display with nvidia cards, and in addition you now have to give up personal information to download drivers which is rather lame.

but the 970 at least does beat out the 390 for 1080p in some titles.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I didn't know if it did I felt like it would. I didn't know i bought a bunch over overclocking stuff. I didn't ever have problems with nvidia drivers before so the information giving doesnt bother me. I plan on playing at 1080p so my hopes are this setup kills any game I could throw at it.

TBH most of my build was made out of lack of knowledge and fear. I don't know what makes ram or a mobo good. The 970 looked like it was good and can run things like the Witcher 3. I just ingeneral needed help and hey if i got things that can overclock that means i can just do it down the road when im comfortable.

6 minutes ago, Warsonggultch said:

I didn't know if it did I felt like it would. I didn't know i bought a bunch over overclocking stuff. I didn't ever have problems with nvidia drivers before so the information giving doesnt bother me. I plan on playing at 1080p so my hopes are this setup kills any game I could throw at it.

TBH most of my build was made out of lack of knowledge and fear. I don't know what makes ram or a mobo good. The 970 looked like it was good and can run things like the Witcher 3. I just ingeneral needed help and hey if i got things that can overclock that means i can just do it down the road when im comfortable.

If you ever wanna OC you will need a different motherboard... that one cannot overclock.

Overall R9 390 performs a little better than gtx 970, but gtx 970 is still a solid choice.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Yeah I had to switch MoBo last minute as the msi z97 gaming 5 was oos when the time came to order.

From my research and extensive following of different videos I came to this:
16gb of ram is overkill for games atm, the 970 while worst on fps runs cooler and quiter from what ive heard (i dont want it burning out), I got the i7 k series because it just ran better than non k (i thought), I got an 850w psu from corsair because you shouldnt skimp out on psu, lastly ssd os for quick boot speeds.

What I am worried about is, overheating, how long this set up will last, when i switch out boards what should i get and why (is this a bad mobo), overall assembly of the computer as it comes in Wednesday and it will be my first time building a computer.