RAM - Problems

Go to solution Solved by rafazafar,
Just now, George Cristea said:

I think I should just go back to windows 7 .. I still have some old USBs..

before u do this try running "sfc /scannow" in CMD(run as admin). just right click the windows button and choose command prompt admin

Hey , I have my new laptop of about 3 weeks ... well it works well but sometimes.. or atleast from week to week .. maybe I do have viruses or something... not sure but my ram it goes all UP for no reason,.. I have checked the processes that are using ram ... and there is nothing that takes more than 100-200 mbs... but it consumes 16 gb for some reasons.... all of them... that's so retarded. is it win 10 the reason of it ... first time using WIN10 .. came pre-installed.

Ive ordered the processes by memory.

ANY IDEA ?

Thanks in advance.

WTF1.png

WTF2.png

3 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

Hey , I have my new laptop of about 3 weeks ... well it works well but sometimes.. or atleast from week to week .. maybe I do have viruses or something... not sure but my ram it goes all UP for no reason,.. I have checked the processes that are using ram ... and there is nothing that takes more than 100-200 mbs... but it consumes 16 gb for some reasons.... all of them... that's so retarded. is it win 10 the reason of it ... first time using WIN10 .. came pre-installed.

ANY IDEA ?

Thanks in advance.

I would say, scan your system for any viruses, malware or any other things. Just to make sure.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

ANY IDEA ?

Thanks in advance.

I'd run a antivirus and if nothing comes up try reinstalling the OS.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

10 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

ANY IDEA ?

Thanks in advance.

Can you please run Process Explorer for more details. Sort by Private Bytes a.k.a memory .

Then highlight the culprit, and turn on handler display. mabe we can find out where its coming from.
Task manager is limited

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

[if this doesn't work, ill reinstall this crap .. ]

the thing is ... I can restart my laptop and all will reset to 0 .. but that's not the point.. I need to see whats the reason of it . [ ill try to scan it too but I hardly believe is a virus... don't remember to download something suspicious .. or that might be malicious.

1 minute ago, George Cristea said:

rafaza , how do you order by physical memory ? :/

just click on the yellow "Private bytes" collumn

wtf3.png

Hmm.. Microsoft Edge...... why are u using so much hmmm...

Want to try removing microsoft edge? or do you need it. Also try disabling cortana.

for now just try killing the processes with those insane virtual mem usage. mainly microsoft edge stuff.
does it happen on a fresh boot also? like just after restarting?

Cortanta is disabled... all the privacy are actually disabled. + when this happened I was on Chrome first.. then I moved on edge.. I thought maybe is from chrome..  but not really .. it fills back up. Straight away if I close something but ill do it for the sake of it

Cortanta is disabled... all the privacy are actually disabled. + when this happened I was on Chrome first.. then I moved on edge.. I thought maybe is from chrome..  but not really .. it fills back up. Straight away if I close something but ill do it for the sake of it

So when u just turn on the pc from a complete shut down, it starts to fill up?

no, it happens just from week to week or something like that... this is the third time when it happened to me in the last 3 weeks... I am not sure what activates it... (not that well at expressions)

2 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

There is a way to find the real cuase. but its time consuming running a trace.
So, how about just try running "sfc /scannow" in CMD/Powershell first?

I mean .. I wouldn't have installed windows 10 unless I wouldn't have paid for the win 10 disk .. cuz didn't checked all the specifications before buing the laptop... :/ it was in  the package...

I think I should just go back to windows 7 .. I still have some old USBs..

before u do this try running "sfc /scannow" in CMD(run as admin). just right click the windows button and choose command prompt admin

2 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

I mean .. I wouldn't have installed windows 10 unless I wouldn't have paid for the win 10 disk .. cuz didn't checked all the specifications before buing the laptop... :/ it was in  the package...

this is a wierd issue. usually updated windows from 7 or 8 to 10 causes stupid things like this. fresh install are stable.

becuase of that windows 8 keys also work on windows 10 now. 

this problem is most likely a software issue, not hardware. what laptop is it anyways?

I did.. I'm just waiting for it to be done. idk how long will take but that's fine.#

Ill come back with a reply aafter is done

I did.. I'm just waiting for it to be done. idk how long will take but that's fine.#

Ill come back with a reply aafter is done

after its done. restart and run it again. sometimes certain things dont get fixed when there alot of things already going on. best to run just after startup.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, rafazafar said:

after its done. restart and run it again. sometimes certain things dont get fixed when there alot of things already going on. best to run just after startup.

Good luck.

Alright thank you,

Apreciate all you tried , hopefully it will fix it . I mean I cant check if but in future if it will happen again ill just reinstall this ... but lets hope it wont.

Thank you again.

wtf4.png

just gona mention that spotify memoryleaks like you wouldent belive on certain systems and your system seems to be reserving 10GB or something of your RAM for something...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

just gona mention that spotify memoryleaks like you wouldent belive on certain systems and your system seems to be reserving 10GB or something of your RAM for something...

Yea .. is strange but well.. if it happens again... screw this windows ;D.

Anyway. Thanks for all your answers.

BTW: Banana, 1337 posts  (hacker) :))

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yup. looks like leaks. 
Without running a windows performance analyzer we cant really know what. And thats just anoyying xD

Yea .. is strange but well.. if it happens again... screw this windows ;D.

Anyway. Thanks for all your answers.

BTW: Banana, 1337 posts  (hacker) :))

what laptop is it btw? not msi is it?