pc upgrade from old AMD phenom II 1100T

octavioun

I am looking to upgrade my old rig which was AMD Phenom II X6 1100 T black Edition with MSI  890 FXA mother board.. I have been going between an I 7 5820k or the I7 6700k also depending on which one I pick  what mobo is best bang for the buck .. I am wanting a mobo that I can run either AMD gpu's or Nividia GPU's ....   Any and all help would be fantastic .. 

Thanks   :)

No matter what MOBO you pick, any GPU will work with it. 

Are you going with 1151 or 2011 socket type? You kind of have to decide that first. 

Sli or Crossfire needed? You're planning on overclocking?

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

I will probably overclock it  will crossfire it too as I already have R9 390 x  card...Well the socket type will depend on if I go for the I 7 5820k  or the I 7 6700k  .. I am leaning torwards the 6700k because it is the new tech but from what I read it seems that  the 5820k gets some better read outs... .

Z170 Pro Gaming from Asus, if you wanna go for the 6700k. Got some pretty decent reviews, crossfire and a hell of a overclocker board.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

47 minutes ago, octavioun said:

Thank you Rodniz

If you chose that mainboard, take care of airflow on the chipset. Passively cooled heatsinks :)