Gaming PC in CAD

get an asus motherboard, EVGA or seasonic PSU, and an 850 evo SSD instead

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

get an asus motherboard, EVGA or seasonic PSU, and an 850 evo SSD instead

i only have $1500ish CAD with tax.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Not that CX power supply... no me... NOPE!

:D

My friend has one and has had no trouble

Just now, Skittleslovers02 said:

Still nope. What exactly is your friend´s rig, and what does he do with it?

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Still nope. What exactly is your friend´s rig, and what does he do with it?

just he recommended the power supply

1 minute ago, Skittleslovers02 said:

Sure they work.  The idea most members here promote is what will last.  Because of the low quality parts in the CX line, there is a bigger chance that the unit will fail.  For the same money you can get a power supply that has good quality components.

just he recommended the power supply

Well tell him it´s a bad recommendation. They´re not bad per say, but only have an operating range of 30 degrees C, and are not ment for gaming builds. While I have heard about people using them just fine, I´ve heard more stories about the series ending up smoking after a couple of monthes and catching fire.

Sure they work.  The idea most members here promote is what will last.  Because of the low quality parts in the CX line, there is a bigger chance that the unit will fail.  For the same money you can get a power supply that has good quality components.

Than what power supply should i use?

3 minutes ago, Skittleslovers02 said:

so the list is like this???? http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kHdVJx

You only need one more fan for the front.  The case comes with two fans, one in the rear (exhaust), one in the front (intake).  You want to add the second one up front.

Just now, stconquest said:

You only need one more fan for the front.  The case comes with two fans, one in the rear (exhaust), one in the front (intake).  You want to add the second one up front.

i am going to replace all the fans for the ones in the list. save the two for something like my parents pc. the cooler master n200 only can have 5 fans installed by the way

i am going to replace all the fans for the ones in the list. save the two for something like my parents pc. the cooler master n200 only can have 5 fans installed by the way

Ultimately it is up to you.  Two in the front and a rear exhaust will be enough.  If you start adding exhausts up top, you will start pulling in air (and dust) from every opening/crack in the case.  Positive air pressure really does keep the dust out.

The rest is fine BTW.

Ultimately it is up to you.  Two in the front and a rear exhaust will be enough.  If you start adding exhausts up top, you will start pulling in air (and dust) from every opening/crack in the case.  Positive air pressure really does keep the dust out.

The rest is fine BTW.

so only us 3 fans?

3 minutes ago, Skittleslovers02 said:

so only us 3 fans?

That will get you the best results.  If you need more, you can always add more.

If you want more air you can add a top intake, BUT you will need to have a dust filter on it... and the side panel can be an exhaust then.

That will get you the best results.  If you need more, you can always add more.

If you want more air you can add a top intake, BUT you will need to have a dust filter on it... and the side panel can be an exhaust then.

ok thanks again

Don't bother with the fans. Drop memory to 8GB. Get a better psu.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.75 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($118.42 @ BestDirect)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($58.67 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.30 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.98 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($454.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.95 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($19.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Monitor: LG 24MB35PU-B 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  ($118.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1390.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-04 21:57 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just now, brob said:

Don't bother with the fans. Drop memory to 8GB. Get a better psu.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.75 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($118.42 @ BestDirect)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($58.67 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.30 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.98 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($454.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.95 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($19.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1390.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-04 21:57 EST-0500

starting a small youtube channel with my friend. And my father divers so i need to edit his pics. and the vids. for the channel so i need 16GB

starting a small youtube channel with my friend. And my father divers so i need to edit his pics. and the vids. for the channel so i need 16GB

Then you might try to squeeze in an i7.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

19 hours ago, brob said:

Then you might try to squeeze in an i7.

My father is paying for some of the build and so am i. so we have said that we may go up to $2000CAD with tax, so what do you recommend

5 minutes ago, Skittleslovers02 said:

My father is paying for some of the build and so am i. so we have said that we may go up to $2000CAD with tax, so what do you recommend

19 hours ago, stconquest said:

You are welcome.

Here bookmark this, and maybe grab the bios for the AsRock Pro4S motherboard:  http://overclocking.guide/intel-skylake-non-k-overclocking-bios-list/

This is for the day you might want to overclock.

I am really bad at post but. Do you have a $2000CAD with tax pc build i could use for editing and that?

22 minutes ago, Skittleslovers02 said:

I am really bad at post but. Do you have a $2000CAD with tax pc build i could use for editing and that?

$1965 after taxes, but let me try a Xeon build as well.... 1 sec...

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($445.00 @ Canada Computers)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($43.33 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($145.98 @ NCIX)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($133.14 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.43 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($434.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.98 @ NCIX)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($19.99 @ Canada Computers)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-14025KK-RP 47.7 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($8.56 @ DirectCanada)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-14025KK-RP 47.7 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($8.56 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $1743.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-05 18:08 EST-0500