Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME VS X99 DELUXE

Go to solution Solved by MatrixGrenade,
3 hours ago, sgtrecker78 said:

r there any sources that u know of that could help me tweaking the bios

Yeah it's possible and there are probably many sources that could help but it has occured to me that the max ram supported is more like a suggestion and most boards support more ram than advertised.

in a video linus did here: he said he used the x99 deluxe motherboard, but, when i referred to the asus website it stated tat this motherboard only supports 64gb of RAM, but yet this motherboard is recognizing all 128gb, i am asking because i am an overclocking fanatic, and my Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME also says on the website to only support 64gb... so does that mean that i can break the rules and put 128gb if i wanted to...

I believe he got a special bios from asus for that video so i could support 128 gigs of ram or he spent the time tweaking the bios manually to get it to work.

Just now, MatrixGrenade said:

I believe he got a special bios from asus for that video so i could support 128 gigs of ram or he spent the time tweaking the bios manually to get it to work.

but it is possible for my motherboard right...

1 minute ago, MatrixGrenade said:

1 minute ago, sgtrecker78 said:

but it is possible for my motherboard right...

no.

there's no point, you're just wasting your time... seriously.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

3 hours ago, sgtrecker78 said:

Yeah it's possible and there are probably many sources that could help but it has occured to me that the max ram supported is more like a suggestion and most boards support more ram than advertised.

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

there's no point, you're just wasting your time... seriously.

i just want to know if it is possible