Design a Case contest???

MACGYVR

Hey everyone, what do you think of a "contest thingy" where you build a pc case concept out of card board or foam board? the best concept entry will have an actual metal full fledged case built and sent to them.

just an idea i came up with while i was designing a case out of cardboard the other day.

If you like the idea because it is similar to other contest LMG has hosted before, then get the post noticed or what ever maybe they will consider it.

it is just an idea i had, thought i would share it.

-MACGYVR

I second this idea.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

the headphone stand design contest was complicated enough, and some of the designs couldnt even be manufactured

imagine how hard it would be for a case

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

the headphone stand design contest was complicated enough, and some of the designs couldnt even be manufactured

But why not try? What harm is there in trying?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

But why not try? What harm is there in trying?

money

its not cheap to manufacture and bring a product to market

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

money

Ok then. If this is a community based product then that shouldn't be too big of an issue. I think it would be a lot of fun. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

3 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

Ok then. If this is a community based product then that shouldn't be too big of an issue. I think it would be a lot of fun. 

clearly you dont understand how the headphone contest worked...

people design a 3d model, linus chose a winner, and sennheiser spent the money to manufacture it
the first winner had a design that was too complicated to manufacture

sennheiser was the one that spent tons of money to make the product real

i highly doubt any case manufacturer would want to spend 100x that much just to make a new case

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

clearly you dont understand how the headphone contest worked...

people design a 3d model, linus chose a winner, and sennheiser spent the money to manufacture it
the first winner had a design that was too complicated to manufacture

sennheiser was the one that spent tons of money to make the product real

i highly doubt any case manufacturer would want to spend 100x that much just to make a new case

How much was it?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Just now, TheGhzGuy said:

How much was it?

a lot

that's all linus said

Spoiler

I love this idea. There is no case on the market like the one I want/want to design. 

It's not revolutionary in the slightest, but it still hasn't been done. 

Just now, Alexokan said:

I love this idea. There is no case on the market like the one I want/want to design. 

What stuff did you want in a case?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Just now, TheGhzGuy said:

What stuff did you want in a case?

I just want to change the traditional layout of a full atx build. 

Basically would just be the smallest form factor while still maintaining ATX motherboard size. 

1 minute ago, Alexokan said:

I just want to change the traditional layout of a full atx build. 

Basically would just be the smallest form factor while still maintaining ATX motherboard size. 

Cool! I would love to see that.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

40 minutes ago, Enderman said:

if you can biudl a cardboard one it could be manufactured atleast once

14 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

i designed a m atx one where the mobo is horizontal in the case, i built it out of cardboard very low detail and stuff, but it was pretty cool i might post pics, idk

43 minutes ago, Enderman said:

money

i ddnt say bring it to market just the winner gets an actuall matel/plastic case of there cardboard concept made for just them.

51 minutes ago, Enderman said:

also it could be for sponsorship, like the company that built linus' rack mounted case, if they helped with this contest it would bring alot of attention to there company.