Building a new pc.

TiggaBiscuit

So I'm wanting to build a new PC for gaming but I have a job that pays badly and where I live technology is generally more expensive then other places so it's harder to get better parts. :( :(

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for parts I could use that are decent but cheap. I just quickly made one on PC Partpicker here: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/TiggaBiscuit/saved/Kms8TW but it'd be nice if I could get it cheaper.

Cheers, Dan

P.S. I've been looking into the Asus ROG G501 and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of something better or recommendations.

Overkill CPU cooler ... you can stick with stock or hyper t-12. Get a better GPU ... 380 would suit well and you can get Microsoft key off Reddit(Microsoftsoftwareswap) for 30USD. 

Magical Pineapples

5 minutes ago, TiggaBiscuit said:

So I'm wanting to build a new PC for gaming but I have a job that pays badly and where I live technology is gen

Okay, well, here's more GPU performance at $600 less

PCPartPicker part list: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/Txcz23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/Txcz23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($334.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($171.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($70.47 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.60 @ Aquila Technology)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 4GB SOC Video Card  ($379.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 361 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($51.75 @ PB Technologies)
Power Supply: FSP Group 550W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Total: $1184.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-03 21:36 NZDT+1300

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Spend less on the board, don't get a cooler (you can use the stock cooler) and get a lesser power supply at 500W. That way you would be able to afford a better GPU.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Okay, well, here's more GPU performance at $600 less

PCPartPicker part list: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/Txcz23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/Txcz23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($334.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($171.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($70.47 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.60 @ Aquila Technology)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 4GB SOC Video Card  ($379.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 361 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($51.75 @ PB Technologies)
Power Supply: FSP Group 550W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Total: $1184.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-03 21:36 NZDT+1300

Thanks for that. I think the case I had originally I'll stick with because I like the look of it in general. 

1 minute ago, TiggaBiscuit said:

Thanks for that. I think the case I had originally I'll stick with because I like the look of it in general. 

Reject Aesthetics, spend the money on a nice display

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/dell-monitor-u2515h

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Spend less on the board, don't get a cooler (you can use the stock cooler) and get a lesser power supply at 500W. That way you would be able to afford a better GPU.

The GPU is the best for what I can afford and sure I can use a stock cooler but It's like I'm saving up for this so saving up that little extra for a cooler is like the icing on top.

9 minutes ago, TiggaBiscuit said:

The GPU is the best for what I can afford and sure I can use a stock cooler but It's like I'm saving up for this so saving up that little extra for a cooler is like the icing on top.

That's a bad idea, CPU coolers barely progress over time and the 750ti is getting obsolete. Get a better GPU now and think of the cooler later, cooling designs barely progress and that cooler you picked is overpriced as well.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

30 minutes ago, TiggaBiscuit said:

f

Should just change the case in the build above i gave you, you're still spending the budget on unnecessary things especially that motherboard and the PSU, and the 380 is faster than the 960

Also the NEX PSUs are supposed to be sub par

and is your display 1440p and IPS?

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2016 at 2:44 PM, Streetguru said:

Should just change the case in the build above i gave you, you're still spending the budget on unnecessary things especially that motherboard and the PSU, and the 380 is faster than the 960

Also the NEX PSUs are supposed to be sub par

and is your display 1440p and IPS?

I might look into the motherboard but the case you gave me is not pleasing to look at so I don't think I'd bother getting it.

3 minutes ago, TiggaBiscuit said:

I might look into the motherboard but the case you gave me is not pleasing to look at so I don't think I'd bother getting it.

So you constantly stare at your case everyday marveling at it? because otherwise a PC is a tool man.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

So you constantly stare at your case everyday marveling at it? because otherwise a PC is a tool man.

It's gonna be in site and I'd rather have something that is nice to look at then something that isn't that nice.