2 monitors and 2 gpu's

MalaySausage

so what would would happen if i had a AMD and Nvida gpu in the same system running 2 different monitors at the same time 

Or you could run the gpus to two separate inputs on one monitor.

What's your goal with this?

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

my guess is that u can only use one gpu as main display at a time

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Spoiler

But seriously, I think you would probably have issues with that.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

my guess is that u can only use one gpu as main display at a time

but what would happen if you tried to run them both on monitors at the same time

Just now, MalaySausage said:

but what would happen if you tried to run them both on monitors at the same time

other than using each gpu seperately for VM, i dont think u can run both at the same time

6 minutes ago, MalaySausage said:

Why would you want to do that? Serious question.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

6 minutes ago, MalaySausage said:

I don't think you can or he probably would have tried and showed that working just as a novelty, like 7 gamers 1 cpu

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, unidentical said:

Why would you want to do that? Serious question.

maybe he wants to use 10 monitor surround, 6 from eyefinity and 4 from nvidia surround xD

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

maybe he wants to use 10 monitor surround, 6 from eyefinity and 4 from nvidia surround xD

I don't know about you but I won't be happy until I can sit inside a sphere of screens :P

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know about you but I won't be happy until I can sit inside a sphere of screens :P

one monitor -> 3 monitor -> 6 monitor -> VR -> NerveGear

we're getting close!

You know I was just coming to make this topic and here it is. I watched the LTT video and thought, what if I do it with one card each? 

Then I started thinking about the inputs on the inputs. maybe some thunder bolt something but I am not ready to make that change!