How to check the speed of my external SATA dock?

Go to solution Solved by scottyseng,
2 minutes ago, A-Furry-Peanut said:

So my case (Rosewill Blackhawk - non pro) comes with a top mounted sata dock. Is there a way to check if it will be compatible with a SATA III hard drive?

SATA (interface) hasn't changed since SATA 1, the only thing that has changed is bandwidth. The only thing you need to make sure of is that the dock is plugged into a SATA 3 port on your motherboard.

Any SATA drive will work on the dock.

So my case (Rosewill Blackhawk - non pro) comes with a top mounted sata dock, but I can't remember if I connected it to my mobo when I made it. Is there a way to check if the dock is functional and if it will be compatible with a SATA III hard drive?

2 minutes ago, A-Furry-Peanut said:

So my case (Rosewill Blackhawk - non pro) comes with a top mounted sata dock. Is there a way to check if it will be compatible with a SATA III hard drive?

SATA (interface) hasn't changed since SATA 1, the only thing that has changed is bandwidth. The only thing you need to make sure of is that the dock is plugged into a SATA 3 port on your motherboard.

Any SATA drive will work on the dock.

3 minutes ago, A-Furry-Peanut said:

SATA is both fowards and backwards compatible, so your dock will be compatible with SATA I/II/III drives.

Edit: and I'm fairly certain that your case's  dock is just a cable, so the speed will be dependent on your motherboard.

What the people above said. I'd just like to add that Rosewill's manuals suck. I went to go look for you to triple check what I thought was correct, but the manual was short and had no info other than screw information, lol