Can you make a custom made phone like a custom made PC or Laptop?

Hello. This is my first post. And I like the Linus media group (LMG) and I watch them on YouTube. Ok back to the topic question.  Is it possible to make a custom made DIY phone. Like can I order iphone parts but use a different CPU and make a case for it? I'm thinking about doing it if it's possible. 

There is project Ara but that has been stagnant

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, JustinL458 said:

Hello. This is my first post. And I like the Linus media group (LMG) and I watch them on YouTube. Ok back to the topic question.  Is it possible to make a custom made DIY phone. Like can I order iphone parts but use a different CPU and make a case for it? I'm thinking about doing it if it's possible. 

A few people have made phones using the raspberry pi, but that's about it.

No. In phones everything is soldered directly to the mainboard, and you can't just order individual parts like computer parts and throw them together.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Not yet, motorola or google (don't exactly remember who) was doing project ARA,that intended to do that

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

And Apple would never do something like that, they love to tie users to what Apple thinks they need, Small batteries, no headphone jack, be the slimest as possible, etc

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

20 hours ago, JustinL458 said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think a dutch startup company is making a modular phone - Fairphone. Its only modular, but its kinda like a build-your own as everything is seperate.

On 01/02/2016 at 4:45 AM, Juanse said:

-snip-

Yeah, but theyr good phones, with a unified system, which facilitates assistance and is why theyr update and software system is near flawless, unlike the broken android system, where only the divine Google Nexus phones, get updates and security fixes, much faster and much longer, than, every other phone maker combined XD?

Groomlake Authority