Corsair Obsidian 350D

stan92

Is the Corsair Obsidian 350D made mostly of aluminium/other metal or plastic?

Its made out of steel for most of its construction and a brushed aluminium plate at the front.

It's sitting right next to me. It's mostly metal, but some of the internal components have some plastic (such as the SSD cage) also, the bezel around the front is plastic, though the actual front cover itself is metal. All around it feels very sturdy yet light.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

ok thanks guys are their any full aluminium cases? also is aluminium stronger? @WildTurtle , @Glenwing

Aluminum is lighter but less sturdy. 

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Aluminum is lighter but less sturdy. 

And also very expensive. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

ok thanks guys are their any full aluminium cases? also is aluminium stronger? @WildTurtle , @Glenwing

Caselabs and Silverstone are good options for full aluminium cases. People mainly use it for the looks but it is more expensive and a fingerprint magnet.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

why use aluminium then? looks???

Looks and weight. Solid steel cases are heavy as hell and especially impractical when your paying for freight by the kg for the cost of freighting a steel case I can freight 2 whole computer builds less case.

The side effect that aluminium is more corrosion resistant is nice but that only really applies for people like myself who live where for at least 6 months of the year its above 85% relative humidity and the other 6 months it hovers around the 80-85% mark.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

Ok thanks all

@slasher0161 where do you live to get that humidity?

Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

Where my house is its forest and hill behind and only a couple of km's away from the reef.

This is comfortable weather at the moment.

Its an interesting place, only place I have found that in the middle of summer it can be 0300 with the temp still around 30c.

Biggest complaint about the place is the internet is shit and they have no intention of upgrading it any time soon (I have driven to places more remote and assisted in installing better internet connections than I can get at my place... Go figure).

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)