Can't Format New HDD

Hello! Today I picked up a 4tb WD blue drive to add to my existing 256 Samsung SSD and my 1tb Seagate HDD. I'm on windows 7. When I click computer, only the two old drives appear. However I can see the new drive under disk management. What do I need to do to have the drive fully recognized? \

Thanks

Do you mean u can't format it or is it just not showing up in "computer"? Try going to disk maneger, selecting the drive, create new partition/create new volume (prolly rightclick) and than formating the entire drive to NTFS. If you can do that it should be recognised.

you need to create new volume and give it a letter for it to show up under your computer

just right click the unallocated volume and it should guide you through what to do

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Have you assigned a partition and drive letter to the disk in disk management?

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you need to create new volume and give it a letter for it to show up under your computer

just right click the unallocated volume and it should guide you through what to do

Okay, I see the option for this and I started the setup wizard but it won't let me create a volume of more than 1677.9 gb which is half of the drive capacity. 

3 minutes ago, Bookhugger said:

Okay, I see the option for this and I started the setup wizard but it won't let me create a volume of more than 1677.9 gb which is half of the drive capacity. 

is it set to AHCI in the bios?
you need to format it to GPT too, not MBR

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

is it set to AHCI in the bios?
you need to format it to GPT too, not MBR

I'm not sure what that first thing is but yes, it is set to GPT.

In your bios there should be a setting to switch between IDE/AHCI/NVMe. NVMe isn't avalieble, just check if it's set to IDE or AHCI.

mybe in disk configuration/sata configuration or something.

Set it to AHCI if it's not.

26 minutes ago, Compgeek said:

In your bios there should be a setting to switch between IDE/AHCI/NVMe. NVMe isn't avalieble, just check if it's set to IDE or AHCI.

mybe in disk configuration/sata configuration or something.

Set it to AHCI if it's not.

I can't find any settings with the options you described, the only mention of AHCI was in the "Sata Emulation" option which is default set to ""Raid+AHCI"