Where is the ''my content'' ?!

i_build_nanosuits
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

@i_build_nanosuits @Nup @Stefan1024 @QueenDemetria @Windspeed36

Alright, I think that I managed to find a solution to it.

First you go here. https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/content-posted/

And then, just below the "Content I Posted In" there is an edit button. The only change you should have to do there is up at the "Show me". You just click the "Content Items Only", and then you save your settings. This is how the settings look like for me now.

cfombnQh.png

Hey guys!

i use to click on ''my content'' and from there i was able to see every threads in which i posted and whenever someone would answer a thread it would go back up at the top of the list on bold text...i can't do that anymore?

how am i supposed to follow the threads in which i posted? i'm lost...help me :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Hey guys!

i use to click on ''my content'' and from there i was able to see every threads in which i posted and whenever someone would answer a thread it would go back up at the top of the list on bold text...i can't do that anymore?

how am i supposed to follow the threads in which i posted? i'm lost...help me :(

On the top left there is a button that says "Community", when you click on it it has a drop down menu, and you want to click "Activity".

Please click the drop down arrow on your name. 

I used to use this heavily as well. Now I have no idea if new content has been added to a thread I posted in without actually having to follow it...

inutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

On the top left there is a button that says "Community", when you click on it it has a drop down menu, and you want to click "Activity".

But this show the activity for all of the threads of the forum. Is there not one that only shows your own? And even that 'Activity' one is a bit messy to me :/

6 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

But this show the activity for all of the threads of the forum. Is there not one that only shows your own? And even that 'Activity' one is a bit messy to me :/

Just realized that lol(ima derp), but on your profile there is a "See my activity" under the profile banner(on the right side).

Just now, QueenDemetria said:

Just realized that lol(ima derp), but on your profile there is a "See my activity" under the profile banner(on the right side).

Yes but it only shows the topics you started. Not all topics you everr posted.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

15 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

5 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Yes but it only shows the topics you started. Not all topics you everr posted.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. This used to be so handy before.

3 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Shows all my posts for me, make sure you have "all activity" selected. 

It shows all the posts that you have done. Just not all of new content that is posted in the threads that you have posted in.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. This used to be so handy before.

Mine shows all of my posts(and I imagine status updates too, haven't checked yet). Make sure you have "All activity" selected, but if you already do then it could just be the forum still indexing posts(or whatever its processing).

@QueenDemetria

Yes but it shows every post. When you have multiple per topic, it will push the other ones down.
Ot used to be every topic only once, what made the list much more simplistic and better to use.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Mine shows all of my posts(and I imagine status updates too, haven't checked yet). Make sure you have "All activity" selected, but if you already do then it could just be the forum still indexing posts(or whatever its processing).

I would just love a place where I could monitor all of the new content that's being posted in older threads that I have posted in. Without having to actually follow the thread and get notifications about it.

Trust me, getting hundreds of notifications from just the car thread over night wouldn't be much fun. And it would be a total mess for me.

5 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I would just love a place where I could monitor all of the new content that's being posted in older threads that I have posted in. Without having to actually follow the thread and get notifications about it.

Trust me, getting hundreds of notifications from just the car thread over night wouldn't be much fun. And it would be a total mess for me.

Oh I see now, I don't think that is in the new forum, could be wrong though. I never used the feature personally.

Oh I see now, I don't think that is in the new forum, could be wrong though. I never used the feature personally.

It migth be comming back within the next few days. The ranking system is still missing too. It looks like they pushed the forum back online as fast as possible and will do the rest of the changes on the fly.

It was super handy for me. Since it easily showed when new content had been added to a thread (thread and everything became bold). Right now I'm having a tough time properly following what is happening with threads that I have posted in. Again, without properly 'following' the thread and receiving a heap of notifications.

Hopefully this will be coming back in the near future. Right now I'm just feeling lost and confused. And missing a lot of content that's posted :(

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

It was super handy for me. Since it easily showed when new content had been added to a thread (thread and everything became bold). Right now I'm having a tough time properly following what is happening with threads that I have posted in. Again, without properly 'following' the thread and receiving a heap of notifications.

Hopefully this will be coming back in the near future. Right now I'm just feeling lost and confused. And missing a lot of content that's posted :(

You can follow without getting notifications....

2 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

You can follow without getting notifications....

What I mean is. I like all the notifications I'm getting to just be about what is related to what I have posted. 

Someone quoted me? Cool. Liked a post of mine? Nice. Mentioned me? Alright.

I don't want random notifications or none of that. And the "Content I have Posted in" is not the same. As it shows everyone's post. All I really want to know is, is there any new content in this thread I somewhat care about? Alright. I don't need a wall of "HERE'S WHAT EVERYONE SAID IN THE THREADS YOU FOLLOW"

Oh welp. Maybe in the future.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

What I mean is. I like all the notifications I'm getting to just be about what is related to what I have posted. 

Someone quoted me? Cool. Liked a post of mine? Nice. Mentioned me? Alright.

I don't want random notifications or none of that. And the "Content I have Posted in" is not the same. As it shows everyone's post. All I really want to know is, is there any new content in this thread I somewhat care about? Alright. I don't need a wall of "HERE'S WHAT EVERYONE SAID IN THE THREADS YOU FOLLOW"

Oh welp. Maybe in the future.

I'm missing this feature too, as I also used it heavily :(

27 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

I'm missing this feature too, as I also used it heavily :(

And I am personally not sure why they took away the 'Like' and added in five additional buttons. I personally see Agree, Funny, Friendly, and Good Point as the same thing as 'Like'. The Informative one is fairly nice at times, but I just preferred the single button overall. I just find myself rarely using these new ones a lot less than I did before, because most of them conflict with each other.

12 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

And I am personally not sure why they took away the 'Like' and added in five additional buttons. I personally see Agree, Funny, Friendly, and Good Point as the same thing as 'Like'. The Informative one is fairly nice at times, but I just preferred the single button overall. I just find myself rarely using these new ones a lot less than I did before, because most of them conflict with each other.

Yes, I agree. The likes were nice and straight forward. They encompassed the whole lot together. Alas, the good point button is it! Maybe being able to use multiple? But then it gets messy. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

@i_build_nanosuits @Nup @Stefan1024 @QueenDemetria @Windspeed36

Alright, I think that I managed to find a solution to it.

First you go here. https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/content-posted/

And then, just below the "Content I Posted In" there is an edit button. The only change you should have to do there is up at the "Show me". You just click the "Content Items Only", and then you save your settings. This is how the settings look like for me now.

cfombnQh.png

thanks for posting guys especially @GlassBomb

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Please click the drop down arrow on your name. 

I feel bad for the staff when people are getting used to the new forums. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ