AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta drivers

PuNkPoEtS

just seen on their twitter page 

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-10WINBetaDriver.aspx

it is mainly for crossfire setups

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

just seen on their twitter page 

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-10WINBetaDriver.aspx

it is mainly for crossfire setups

Please post little more. ;)

Does anyone know if this has got any support for eyefinity or 3-way crossfire?

AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 Windows® Beta Driver

Last Updated

9/5/2013    

Article Number

RN-WIN-B13.10   

The AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:

NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta Driver for Windows:

• AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta includes all of the features/fixes found in AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta2
  • PCI-E bus speed is no longer set to x1 on the secondary GPU when running in CrossFire configurations
  • Rome Total War 2:  Updated AMD CrossFire™ profile
    • improves CrossFire scaling up to 20% (at 2560x1600 with extreme settings)
    • resolves corruption issues seen while playing the game
  • Saints Row 4:  Updated AMD CrossFire profile
    • improves CrossFire scaling up to 20% (at 2560x1600 with ultra settings)
  • Metro Last Light:  Updated AMD CrossFire profile
    • improves CrossFire scaling up to 10% (at 2560x1600 with ultra settings)
  • Includes a number of frame pacing improvements for the following titles:
    • Tomb Raider
    • Metro Last Light
    • Sniper Elite
    • World of Warcraft
    • Max Payne 3
    • Hitman Absolution
System Requirements:
  • Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit versions)
  • Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit versions)
  • Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit versions with SP1 or higher)
AMD Product Compatibility:
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series
  • AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
  • AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
  • AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8000M Series
  • AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
  • AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
  • AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series

Well, 20% is pretty awesome.

But PCI-e 1x on the second GPU? Da fuq? D: How has Crossfire worked BEFORE this patch?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Uhm... You quoted every comment on the thread and then quoted the website... Would you care to elaborate on your quotations?

EDIT: Seems that the forum uploaded your post before you'd finished it or you quoted, posted and then edited.

Hope fully this resolves some of the Rome 2 incompatibility issues.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Uhm... You quoted every comment on the thread and then quoted the website... Would you care to elaborate on your quotations?

I finished formatting it and adding text. Chill. :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I am wanting to get an Arma 3 driver update. For both AMD and Nvidia so It can make my framerate a little bit better.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Please post little more. ;)

Sorry done it on my phone not my pc

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

But PCI-e 1x on the second GPU? Da fuq? D: How has Crossfire worked BEFORE this patch?

That was a bug introduced with 13.8/Beta2

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Question: Since I'm only running 1 GPU right now, and all of the Beta drivers coming out are for multi GPU and based on an older driver kernel than the current stable release, should I uninstall the beta and go back to the stable release for now? Nothing they're doing right now is really helping me at all, and since it's based on an older kernel I might be missing out on some single GPU optimizations. 

Nah, the changelog is a bit weird

In the changelog for 10.8 Beta 2 under "Knows issues" there is this

• Enabling CrossFire can result in the PCI-e bus speed for the secondary GPU being reported as x1

So, I don't think it ran in x1, just got reported like it was

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Question: Since I'm only running 1 GPU right now, and all of the Beta drivers coming out are for multi GPU and based on an older driver kernel than the current stable release, should I uninstall the beta and go back to the stable release for now? Nothing they're doing right now is really helping me at all, and since it's based on an older kernel I might be missing out on some single GPU optimizations. 

Run a benchmark in ARMA 3 or whatever and test both to find out.

† Christian Member †

I thought that I saw something in the 13.8 release about DirectX 9 support coming on a future driver. Its not in this one apparently, anyone know anything more about when/if this is going to happen?