How to make an online file sharer (like Puush)?

Kyzer

I know a guy who has one but he ain't online. So comes the forum.

I want a online file server thing for images, videos, maps, whatever. Puush sometimes takes years to upload photos, or anything. Uploading to a server in my house is basically instant which should save me time... Not planning to do it soon, but when I upgrade I'm going to have a lot of leftover parts from my old pc and I'd rather they were used instead of collecting dust.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

The problem with that idea is that there will most likely still be a bottleneck, and it won't change.

If your uploads to puush takes a lot of time then it is probably because your upload speed is bad. Uploading the files to a local server will be really fast, but for the friend who is going to view the image it will still be very slow.

Uploading to your own server won't change the time it takes for your friend to see the image. All it does is decrease the time you spend uploading, and increase the time he spends downloading.

Anyway, the easiest way to do it would probably be an FTP server. FileZilla is good.

I know a guy who has one but he ain't online. So comes the forum.

I want a online file server thing for images, videos, maps, whatever. Puush sometimes takes years to upload photos, or anything. Uploading to a server in my house is basically instant which should save me time... Not planning to do it soon, but when I upgrade I'm going to have a lot of leftover parts from my old pc and I'd rather they were used instead of collecting dust.

use a http file server

hfs is one I use

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile