2.1 vs 5.1 vs 7.1 for movies

JackieWackie

So I plan on getting a wireless headset so I can watch moves without disturbing the others within my house. Ive been looking for about 1hour now and I cant seem to find the right answer.

What is the best for movies 2.1 5.1 or 7.1? Which give a natural sound/experience and good sounding quality? Do you have any suggestions for what headset I should get? Im in New Zealand so they sell big branded items such a logitech and razer or other well known ones so it has to be popular.

virtual 5.1 is good enough, dont get physical 5.1

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

why is it so confusing?

because they are made up virtual numbers do you hear 5 discrete virtual speakers do you hear more virtual speakers on a virtual 7.1? no

no 

no

they are made up numbers. all it is, is sound vitualizers like dolby headphone or EAX or SRS all it adds is reverb and make the audio appear to sound like it is from an echoey larger room. 

so disregard any headphone or headset (primarily only headsets try to rob you with this tactic) and get a good headphone.