Do you think the next generation consoles will support 4k @60fps?

zohan6934

As the title says, do you guys think that whenever the next gen consoles come out, they'll support 4k @60fps games?

No, consoles follow the TV tech. That capability in TVs is still too expensive. I think the next gen will be able to do 4K 30fps tho, because in the next year or two die shinks and better VRAM tech is going to make a huge leap in GPU performance.

Absolutely not.

At the rate things are going now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new generation of consoles very very soon (compared to how long the PS3/Xbox 360 lasted). Most PCs still won't be able to handle 4K60; I can't imagine the next generation of consoles being able to handle anything over 1080p60 on 100% of games.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do. That would be sweet. I just can't see that happening.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Next gen is gonna be focus on driving the VR headsets that are poping out now, and until 4K TVs are the majority of the installed base, there is no point in making consoles run at that resolution.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Next gen is gonna be focus on driving the VR headsets that are poping out now, and until 4K TVs are the majority of the installed base, there is no point in making consoles run at that resolution.

If VR succeeds, yeah then we'll see new consoles that really push VR. But I do think they'll also offer support for 4K60. It's a nice marketing bullet point even if 99% of games will render at lower resolutions and/or run at lower framerates.

• 4 weeks later...