Looking for either PCI-E or PCI or USB AC wifi adapters

SImoHayha

Hello guys. Am looking for a new wifi adapter to connect to 5ghz networks. I did have powerline adapters however that managed to cause a massive signal leakage in my apartments and so comcast guy who was really nice said I should mail them away and get a 5ghz dual band router. Which I am since it was roughly the same price as the powerline adapters.

The router in question is   a TP-LINK TL-WDR3500

now I been searching for a USB or PCI/PCIE wifi adapter and the only one that looked nice was this little guy  Trendnet TEW 804UB

so I was wondering what other suggestions do you guys have? Remember it must be able to connect to 5ghz routers !

Thank you for reading

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Hello guys. Am looking for a new wifi adapter to connect to 5ghz networks. I did have powerline adapters however that managed to cause a massive signal leakage in my apartments and so comcast guy who was really nice said I should mail them away and get a 5ghz dual band router. Which I am since it was roughly the same price as the powerline adapters.

The router in question is   a TP-LINK TL-WDR3500

now I been searching for a USB or PCI/PCIE wifi adapter and the only one that looked nice was this little guy  Trendnet TEW 804UB

so I was wondering what other suggestions do you guys have? Remember it must be able to connect to 5ghz routers !

Thank you for reading

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-T4U-Wireless-Extension-Deployment/dp/B00D0AF3TA/

These are cheap as chips and reliable.

(Also AC rather than N like your router, and with a higher bandwidth so it's reasonably future proof)

Almost as cool as my temps  

There's really not much of a difference other than range from the antennae.

Whatever's cheaper  ;)

Occupies a USB port

easyer to get disconnected

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Occupies a USB port

easyer to get disconnected

That particular model comes with a USB extension lead so you can position it wherever you want, plus a desktop PC isn't going to be moving around much to disconnect it.  :)

Almost as cool as my temps  

Well I go for what's cheaper and waht not. The USB adapter I has in my cart currently has AC wifi. I really don't care as long as I get my connection to 5ghz which I need badly cause I can't use powerline adapters.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

What is your price point? Also, what router would you be connecting it to? Wifi AC ranges quite a bit in connection speeds. I hear good things about the Asus PCE-AC68 or if you want USB the USB-AC55. Anything USB get a extender to move it away from your computer.

Well I go for what's cheaper and waht not. The USB adapter I has in my cart currently has AC wifi. I really don't care as long as I get my connection to 5ghz which I need badly cause I can't use powerline adapters.

I think you may be misunderstanding what 5Ghz gets you. It may have less congestion, since less people use it, but it also has problems with wall penetration and distance. What are you trying to accomplish by way of speeds and latency? 

I think you may be misunderstanding what 5Ghz gets you. It may have less congestion, since less people use it, but it also has problems with wall penetration and distance. What are you trying to accomplish by way of speeds and latency? 

Trying to simply get better connection speeds and what not. Because I had to get rid of my powerline adapters. Because at our apartments I was fucking up everyone elses internet by causing a massive signal leakage which screwed with everyone.

Not a whole lot of money anyway because am also getting a better router as well it has external antennas so I can change the signal to focus more in one area.

Because at our apartments I was fucking up everyone elses internet by causing a massive signal leakage which screwed with everyone.

Not sure how that is even possible. Were they also using powerline? If powerline was causing actual power disruptions I would question your electrical wiring before I would blame powerline.

Anyway, the WDR3500 is N300, so you won't be able to connect above that no matter what adapter you get. Didn't see that in OP. For USB try the Rosewill RNX-N180UBEv2 or for PCI try the Intel 6205. 

What router do you plan on getting? Did you want to buy a wireless adapter that will work faster with it or more concerned with the immediate issue?

Not sure how that is even possible. Were they also using powerline? If powerline was causing actual power disruptions I would question your electrical wiring before I would blame powerline.

Anyway, the WDR3500 is N300, so you won't be able to connect above that no matter what adapter you get. Didn't see that in OP. For USB try the Rosewill RNX-N180UBEv2 or for PCI try the Intel 6205. 

What router do you plan on getting? Did you want to buy a wireless adapter that will work faster with it or more concerned with the immediate issue?

The Router is the WDR3500 because it's dual band. So It can produce 5ghz band. So that's what I wanted to grab the USB as mentioned above Trendnet TEW 804UB 

that is for connecting to the 5ghz band.