Upgrading 770 to either 980 or 980ti?

Techinoob

Idk if I should upgrade to a regular 980 or a 980ti my friend is selling his 980 to me for $300 Usd but I was already going to get a 980ti hybrid for $690usd should I just go for the 980 or 980ti what's best? I'm still going to sell my 4gb 770 for like $200 ig

Idk if I should upgrade to a regular 980 or a 980ti my friend is selling his 980 to me for $300 Usd but I was already going to get a 980ti hybrid for $690usd should I just go for the 980 or 980ti what's best? I'm still going to sell my 4gb 770 for like $200 ig

980, 300 is a steal

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

what games and res you will be playing

the 980Ti rekts the 980 if you play at 1440P and 4K a lot

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Get the 980 dude 3: If you sell your current, you could go SLI 980 for super cheap owo

Moist

assuming the 980 is in good condition, the performance per dollar is worth it
but it all depends on what you do with the card, what resolution and graphics settings are you aiming for?
if u want nothing but the best and have money to splurge, u can get the 980Ti. otherwise, the 980 will still deliver a good experience imo

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

980, 300 is a steal

Really I mean I told my brother if I do get the 980 I can easily sell my 770 and it's like I paid $100 for the 980 but then I wouldn't wanna upgrade again later in the future :/ his 980 is a msi 4gb Oc edition.

Get the 980 dude 3: If you sell your current, you could go SLI 980 for super cheap owo

Thing Is I got a 600w psu and I would need to get a different one if I wanna go Sli but imo I wouldn't want Sli tbh I'm more of a single card user:p

assuming the 980 is in good condition, the performance per dollar is worth it

but it all depends on what you do with the card, what resolution and graphics settings are you aiming for?

if u want nothing but the best and have money to splurge, u can get the 980Ti. otherwise, the 980 will still deliver a good experience imo

Well my budget is $900 I can easily get the 980ti and still buy like a 3tb hard drive or something but what Ima be doing is playing games like bf4 crysis etc at 1440p or higher if I down scale

Thing Is I got a 600w psu and I would need to get a different one if I wanna go Sli but imo I wouldn't want Sli tbh I'm more of a single card user:p

Dats perfectly fine 3: Still a massively solid card~ Especially for 1440p

Moist

Ill be playing bf4 at 1440p and. Can still down scale it if I wanted too

900 dollars budget, IMO i will just get a spanking nice 980Ti Hybrid EVGA and OC the balls out of it

1440P with 8xAA will be a piece of cake for the 980Ti

throw in a SSD and HDD combo if you are at it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I just sold my 2 980s for 375 a pop.

Good buy.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

900 dollars budget, IMO i will just get a spanking nice 980Ti Hybrid EVGA and OC the balls out of it

1440P with 8xAA will be a piece of cake for the 980Ti

throw in a SSD and HDD combo if you are at it

Any idea on what the temps are on the regular 980 cause the 980ti max is 50c the hybrid edition which sounds great to me

I just sold my 2 980s for 375 a pop.

Good buy.

I currently have a msi krait editon motherboard and a 4790k with a 600w power supply thst would be able to run the 980ti with no problems right?

I currently have a msi krait editon motherboard and a 4790k with a 600w power supply thst would be able to run the 980ti with no problems right?

that depends on the current your PSU can deliver on the 12v rail, u can check the gpu's website for the requirements (though it will be much higher if u OC the card)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Any idea on what the temps are on the regular 980 cause the 980ti max is 50c the hybrid edition which sounds great to me

normal loads is 70-80 degrees

80 is when GPU boost auto OC the GPU even further

what PSU model you got?

that depends on the current your PSU can deliver on the 12v rail, u can check the gpu's website for the requirements (though it will be much higher if u OC the card)

Well I looked at the 980ti and it says the required psu is 600 plus so i think I'm good but damn idk $300 for the 980 is a great price as well ;-;

I would get the 980 then sell it for the 1080 Ti. 

I have a 980, with an OC it's about stock 980 Ti performance. OC'd 980 Ti is about 20% faster. So 400 extra for the 980 TI is not worth it. 

It's the EVGA 600B psu

that PSU is just ok

you can power the 980Ti

but OC might not be possible then

that PSU is just ok

you can power the 980Ti

but OC might not be possible then

Ig I can be okay with that I mean it's a very powerful card already but mhm idk u.u I can get the 980 and hold on to that then just buy the new pascal gpu I just don't know what to do really

Ig I can be okay with that I mean it's a very powerful card already but mhm idk u.u I can get the 980 and hold on to that then just buy the new pascal gpu I just don't know what to do really

pascal wont be out until June

unless you are really in need of a GPU

maybe try holding out buying any GPU

but nVidia always love to release the second best model like 1080 before you see their flagship 1080Ti model

980 for $300 is an insanely good deal, I'd do that for sure.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089