What UPS should i get ?

aDham_zO

hey, 

i'm in the process of buying an ups and pretty much i don't know anything about them  :D

i just know that my pc pulls 1000w or 1050w from the wall. (5960x and dual 980ti and bunch of other stuff)

so can you reccemoend any ups that will work with me ?

i just wanna have like 10 min to save and shut down correctley.

btw my budget is 800$ top.

i really work hard on my pc and i would pay a lot to use it good and to funcition good.

any ups on your mind ?

please tell me  :D

thanks

btw i know my english is bad. my first lang. isnt english  :)

nah get USPS (cheaper but doesn't like to work sometime)

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

hey, 

i'm in the process of buying an ups and pretty much i don't know anything about them  :D

i just know that my pc pulls 1000w or 1050w from the wall. (5960x and dual 980ti and bunch of other stuff)

so can you reccemoend any ups that will work with me ?

i just wanna have like 10 min to save and shut down correctley.

btw my budget is 800$ top.

i really work hard on my pc and i would pay a lot to use it good and to funcition good.

any ups on your mind ?

please tell me  :D

thanks

btw i know my english is bad. my first lang. isnt english  :)

As far as I can tell the UPS that you choose should be able to deliver your MAX power draw from the wall as a MINIMUM so in your case around 2000VA+ (approx 1000W). At full load it will only last a couple of minutes so you'd want to power down quick.

So having a little more power delivery shouldn't hurt it. Also should look at reviews on different brands so that you know that it wont blow up when receiving a surge (happened to a friend). I've known people to have Eaton UPS's and not have a problem.

I believe that UPS's can also condition the power from the wall making your system less prone to energy spikes? (think i saw that in latest scrapyard wars).

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

i've had good experiences with APC, as for which one you should get, well.. i usually suggest look at the max power draw of your devices, and take a step up over that.

(meaning if you draw 1050 from the wall, i'd suggest at least 1200 watt)

i should note that you're getting in the range where theres no regular home UPSes providing the desired wattage, and you may be looking upward of $1000 for a decent unit.

decent unit being one that doesnt blow up on you (someone on the forum had that happen with cyberpower), and provides at least a decent sinus wave.

Either APC or CyberPower depending on budget. Eaton you can't replace the battery on most of their non rack models whereas APC and Cyberpower allow you to.