LG G2 vs Zenfone 2

Aniallation

So I bought an S6, and just don't find it worth the money. I was planning to just go back to using my LG G2 again, but I found a Zenfone 2 (1.8GHz with 2GB RAM) for around the same price my friend wants to buy my G2 off of me for. Is it worth the switch? I don't understand what all the Zenfone 2 hype is about, it benchmarks slightly higher than the G2 (not by a gigantic difference though) but has worse screen contrast ratios, and a same size battery even though it's a larger screen device (less SOT?). The Zenfone has a MicroSD slot, but that's not really a big deal for me.

"Rawr XD"

snip

The Zenfone 2 shouldn't be bad, but Asus' UI looks like crap and seems "messy" from what I've seen. Maybe the Huawei P8 Lite is an option (my current phone)? I opted for it over the Zenfone 2 Laser (slightly worse than the Z2, as they changed the CPU and therefore the GPU with it). 

Well, the Zenfone 2 is newer and seems faster and better in the spec department, but the G2 is clocked higher.  That doesn't always mean it is faster/the G2 has about half the ram.  I mean I guess it depends on you.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Asus-ZenFone-2,LG-G2/phones/9050%2C7969

As stated above the Zenfone 2 I'm looking at is the 1.8GHz version with 2GB RAM, so it will have the same amount of RAM as the G2.

"Rawr XD"

Ah, well then it isn't much of a difference.  The only thing I think I noticed was that the Zenfone 2 has the ability to enter micro sds, and the G2 doesn't.  I don't know if that's true or not.  The only other possible difference that it "might" have is newer android OS support since it started on 5.0 rather than going through a few 4.0s to get to 5.0. Otherwise, it's not really worth it.  So, it depends on the person/if they want that difference.

Yes the ZF2 as a MicroSD slot, but I realized that I only have a 16GB one to put into it, while the G2 has 32GBs built in anyways, so it's pretty much level ground on that as well. Hmmmm

"Rawr XD"

Well then your only real difference, for you, is newer android support.  

That doesn't really matter to me either haha, since both are on Lollipop and I won't be keeping it long enough to worry about either one being updated past that.

"Rawr XD"

That doesn't really matter to me either haha, since both are on Lollipop and I won't be keeping it long enough to worry about either one being updated past that.

If that is the case, stick to what you have right now.  The G2 remains a solid phone even compared to the G3 and G4, and if you are planning on switching out before the lack of updates becomes an issue, there is no real reason to buy new hardware.  

tl;dr: Nah, not worth the switch.