Acer XB271HU vs X34 vs Asus PG348Q (Need Help!)

FunkyMonkey

Hello everyone! I ordered my parts for my new PC build and now it's time for the great monitor hunt. I'm upgrading from an Acer XB270HU Monitor. I was looking at the X34 when I suddenly caught glimpse of the Acer XB271HU And fell in love. The only problem is I do like the immersion ultra wide monitors provide and now I hear of this Asus PG348Q coming out in February. I really just have to decide between these 3. All of them are IPS (Asus PG348Q is AH-IPS), X34 and Asus are 3440x1440 which XB271HU is 1440p. Both ultra wide monitors have 100hz while the XB271HU is 144hz with over clock to 165hz. I'm really curious if ASUS can get the IPS panel on the PG348Q perfect for no IPS glow seeing that the manufacturer for The PG's panel is LG. My graphics card is a MSI GTX 980 Ti gaming 6G. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hello everyone! I ordered my parts for my new PC build and now it's time for the great monitor hunt. I'm upgrading from an Acer XB270HU Monitor. I was looking at the X34 when I suddenly caught glimpse of the Acer XB271HU And fell in love. The only problem is I do like the immersion ultra wide monitors provide and now I hear of this Asus PG348Q coming out in February. I really just have to decide between these 3. All of them are IPS (Asus PG348Q is AH-IPS), X34 and Asus are 3440x1440 which XB271HU is 1440p. Both ultra wide monitors have 100hz while the XB271HU is 144hz with over clock to 165hz. I'm really curious if ASUS can get the IPS panel on the PG348Q perfect for no IPS glow seeing that the manufacturer for The PG's panel is LG. My graphics card is a MSI GTX 980 Ti gaming 6G. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

I was in the dilemma too and I'm gonna wait for the PG348Q's release and see peoples reviews on it. Got some advice from a youtuber, they said the ultrawides are the way to go unless you're a competitive gamer and need that extra refresh rate.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Personally if I had the XB270HU I wouldn't even think of changing at this point unless there is an unlivable issue with it.... Monitor tech is changing so fast at the moment that in a year there will be something the same price but much better... My money is on 21:9 1440, 144hz gsync oled in 2 years... Shouldn't need to change monitors more than every 3-7 years.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I was in the dilemma too and I'm gonna wait for the PG348Q's release and see peoples reviews on it. Got some advice from a youtuber, they said the ultrawides are the way to go unless you're a competitive gamer and need that extra refresh rate.

Yeah, I'm all about experience. I want a monitor so beautiful when I put on Witcher 3 on ultra it will blow my mind. I don't care very much about most competitive shooters. Just don't know if the PG348Q will have better QC then Acer's X34 QC

Personally if I had the XB270HU I wouldn't even think of changing at this point unless there is an unlivable issue with it.... Monitor tech is changing so fast at the moment that in a year there will be something the same price but much better... My money is on 21:9 1440, 144hz gsync oled in 2 years... Shouldn't need to change monitors more than every 3-7 years.

The XB270HU just doesn't have the immersion factor I look for in a monitor. The thick bezel really takes away from the experience and the size isn't what I quiet like. I'm able to get either 3 XB271HU's or a single ultra wide X34/PG348Q.

Yeah, I'm all about experience. I want a monitor so beautiful when I put on Witcher 3 on ultra it will blow my mind. I don't care very much about most competitive shooters. Just don't know if the PG348Q will have better QC then Acer's X34 QC

Not sure how well a single 980 Ti will handle Witcher 3 on ultra at the resolution as it's 40% more than a 27" monitor. I would imgaine they will since their release took a while and the bad launch of the PG279Q, they'd be stupid to release a monitor with a bunch of problems like the X34.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

If it's immersion... I'd wait for a VR headset to be released... can't get more immersive.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Not sure how well a single 980 Ti will handle Witcher 3 on ultra at the resolution as it's 40% more than a 27" monitor. I would imgaine they will since their release took a while and the bad launch of the PG279Q, they'd be stupid to release a monitor with a bunch of problems like the X34.

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/98/3440x1440-benchmarked-nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-more/index.html

A single 980 ti can handle 3440x1440 it can not, however, handle 4k. I really like 3440x1440 especially with an IPS panel it's like you get the best immersion possible. I just want to see If ASUS can maybe come up with a solution to the panels IPS glow issues.

If it's immersion... I'd wait for a VR headset to be released... can't get more immersive.

I have high hopes for the HTC VIVE but I don't like VR. I think they need to work on the quality of it. VR is not as immersive as a 34 inch ultra wide 3440x1440 is monitor. Just my opinion. :)

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/98/3440x1440-benchmarked-nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-more/index.html

A single 980 ti can handle 3440x1440 it can not, however, handle 4k. I really like 3440x1440 especially with an IPS panel it's like you get the best immersion possible. I just want to see If ASUS can maybe come up with a solution to the panels IPS glow issues.

Depends on the game. See how demanding metro last light was?

It's not much of a comparison but my old 780 Ti couldn't even max out Witcher 3 at 2160x1440p.

Depends on the game. See how demanding metro last light was?

It's not much of a comparison but my old 780 Ti couldn't even max out Witcher 3 at 2160x1440p.

Well also its ultra but if you just turn off a few things and tune it to your liking high setting would be fine for constant 60 fps

Well also its ultra but if you just turn off a few things and tune it to you'r liking high setting would be fine for constant 60 fps

No point of getting a monitor like the X34 or PG348Q if you're gonna game at 60fps :P

I just bought my second 980 Ti for when the PG348Q releases, can't wait to play ROTR and Farcry Primal :D

You will need decent GPUs then, what GPUs you got at the moment

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

No point of getting a monitor like the X34 or PG348Q if you're gonna game at 60fps :P

I just bought my second 980 Ti for when the PG348Q releases, can't wait to play ROTR and Farcry Primal :D

Well I can't get 2 gtx 980 it's right away but in about 2 months I can. I have a 2k budget for my pc and a 1k-ish (maybe more) for the monitor

You will need decent GPUs then, what GPUs you got at the moment

I have the MSI GTX 980 Ti gaming 6G

I have the MSI GTX 980 Ti gaming 6G

If you want to play Witcher 3 Ultra with Hairworks, expect around 30-35 FPS, as two GTX 980ti overclocked, can only get 60 FPS

However, with Battlefront you will get around 70-80 FPS with one GTX 980ti

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

If you want to play Witcher 3 Ultra with Hairworks, expect around 30-35 FPS, as two GTX 980ti overclocked, can only get 60 FPS

However, with Battlefront you will get around 70-80 FPS with one GTX 980ti

Unfortunately, I only have enough for 1 gtx 980 ti but if I go with the cheaper Acer XB271HU monitor and get 2 980 ti's it's quite overkill for 1440p. I mean I can just play other games until I get the other 980 ti. Things like battlefield 4 on 3440x1440p on ultra runs pretty well with the msi gaming 6G.