Fanless CPU cooler

PaNdRaGoN

Any good fanless CPU budget coolers either custom made fanless (detachable fan) or stock fanless (e.g. Zalman FX 100)??

Any good fanless CPU budget coolers either custom made fanless (detachable fan) or stock fanless (e.g. Zalman FX 100)??

Hm. Make your case's aluminuim frame into the heatsink. lol.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Carefull, you double published your topic...

this is the most extreme passive cpu cooler i found:

A noctua D15 usually fares just well passively if the case has other airflow. You shouldn't make a gaming PC entirely fanless though.

What CPU are you looking for to cool?

Personally I don't like the FX100, but the FX-70 is good. And there is also the Nofan CR-95 if you manage to fit it.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Dual towers are best. Or anything with as much fins as possible. You will still need to use case fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Dual towers are best. Or anything with as much fins as possible. You will still need to use case fans.

If the finns are to close the natural convection is reduced. A heat sink with less finns can actually perform better.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

ive used a Zalman FX 100 cpu cooler on a a7850k apu. I found that it needs some sorta air flow and it takes up the top pci express slot and fan spot at the back its huge. I ended up using zip ties on a 120mm fan in the 5.25 bays

Hahahaha yeah ofc i am going to modify my case into the heatsinks xD Thanks fr the video but these coolers are way to big :)

My current case has 3 fans (2 intake in the front and 1 outtake in the back) all 120mm and i may put another one on the top, so i guess i have no trouble with the airflow. Also I don't like that much the Noctua brown color fans so if I go with Noctua i will also have to buy some other fans as well and it is a little bit expensive for me. I really haven't tried the Zalman ones but i don't have any personal experience around that company, but from the reviews that i have seen they seem to be ok.

Thermal right Macho zero 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

Thermal right Macho zero 

Have you actually used it? I really like it on paper, much more than the Zalman counterparts, but I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

I vomited in my mouth looking at those coolers. So impractical and space wasting. 

I vomited in my mouth looking at those coolers. So impractical and space wasting. 

hahhaha ikik, just funny to see how crazy some people are

Have you actually used it? I really like it on paper, much more than the Zalman counterparts, but I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

I have not, but I have seen many good reviews. It is on my list to try out. 

I have ran my NH-D15 passively with very little case airflow on my 4790k before, so Nh-D15 would work as well - but doesn't fit the detachable as it is dual tower. 

hahhaha ikik, just funny to see how crazy some people are

I mean some of these are the same footprint as large dual tower heat sinks.... and quiet... 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!