Htc one m7 vs m8

Flanelman

So I was looking at these as my old M7 recently broke.

Wondering what your opinions are on these, is the m8 worth the extra $60?

In my opinion: the m7 is far better looking in both shape and colours, as I think all the m8 colours look average.

But the lack of future updates for the m7 (lollipop is last update) is my main concern. Storage space doesn't really bother me as I think 32 on the m7 is enough and I also like the smaller size.

I know this might sound quite biased towards the m7 but I wanted your guys opinions :) thanks!

So I was looking at these as my old M7 recently broke.

Wondering what your opinions are on these, is the m8 worth the extra $60?

In my opinion: the m7 is far better looking in both shape and colours, as I think all the m8 colours look average.

But the lack of future updates for the m7 (lollipop is last update) is my main concern. Storage space doesn't really bother me as I think 32 on the m7 is enough and I also like the smaller size.

I know this might sound quite biased towards the m7 but I wanted your guys opinions :) thanks!

Look towards other more "recent" phones, I have the OnePlus One and appart from one or two tine bugs I am verry happy with it especially for the price I payed! 

Whats your budget?

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

Look towards other more "recent" phones, I have the OnePlus One and appart from one or two tine bugs I am verry happy with it especially for the price I payed! 

Whats your budget?

like around 200 usd. :)

a little more if need be. m8 would be 210 usd.

like around 200 usd. :)

a little more if need be

Would you be willing to not go mainstream with companies such as oneplus or asus?

How about the motorola moto G or the asus zenfone?

Member title post link!

Would you be willing to not go mainstream with companies such as oneplus or asus?

How about the motorola moto G or the asus zenfone?

yeah i don't mind what brand, just HTC is my favourite i've used so far :)

i looked at the one plus one but it is over 300 usd which is a bit much for me.also had a small look at the zenfones :)

moto G i don't really like the look of :/

yeah i don't mind what brand, just HTC is my favourite i've used so far :)

i looked at the one plus one but it is over 300 usd which is a bit much for me.also had a small look at the zenfones :)

moto G i don't really like the look of :/

They would be my suggestions but at the end of the day its your phone so dont let me influence you too much!

Member title post link!

They would be my suggestions but at the end of the day its your phone so dont let me influence you too much!

i would really like the zenfone or one plus, but they're just a bit to expensive, thats why getting another m7 really stood out to me, might be a bit dated but it's a pretty good phone and would only cost about 140 usd.

i would really like the zenfone or one plus, but they're just a bit to expensive, thats why getting another m7 really stood out to me, might be a bit dated but it's a pretty good phone and would only cost about 140 usd.

If you go for the cheapest zenfone you could then add extra storage later (microSD)! But it is $20 over budget......

http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM290011663/A40364

Member title post link!

oh that's not too bad tho, thanks for the link :) but i'm worried 5.5 inches might be too big :P

I came from a 3gs to my One and i would never ever go back!

One gripe is it hurts when you drop it on your face in bed.....  :lol:

Member title post link!

I came from a 3gs to my One and i would never ever go back!

One gripe is it hurts when you drop it on your face in bed.....  :lol:

hahaha i can imagine! i was just looking at the one plus x which is 249 usd which looks kinda cool too :)

hahaha i can imagine! i was just looking at the one plus x which is 249 usd which looks kinda cool too :)

Yeah! If you do go for a OnePlus phone, either wait till they release the Three or try and get a One, the Two is a bit of a letdown compaired to the One!

Member title post link!

Yeah! If you do go for a OnePlus phone, either wait till they release the Three or try and get a One, the Two is a bit of a letdown compaired to the One!

thoughts on this one tho?

the OnePlus X

https://oneplus.net/oneplus-x

the m8 is overall a good phone, ive had mine for 2 years with rogers and currently running android 6.0 sense 7.0 and its very stable. however!!!!!! with march coming up and HTC's normal release's are in march i would wait if your the htc fan, other then that i agree with most the oneplus is a good choice.

I certifie this to be 100% crap anything above is just ....... special......

thoughts on this one tho?

the OnePlus X

https://oneplus.net/oneplus-x

Looks really good! I cant fault the build quality of my One so assuming its the same for the x it should be a good bet! The one downside to the company is that the customer support is not the best..... But i have'nt had a problem yet "touch wood"

Member title post link!

I have an m8. Its almost 2 years old but it's still really fast and the battery lasts a full day. Its not even much slower than the iPhone 6s at all.