Why doesn't my wireless adapter find my 5ghz ?

Shayannike.ps3

Hello guys, I was wondering why my Wireless adapter won't find my router's 5ghz band, my router is 802.11ac and my adapter is the Trendnet 1200 805-UB it supports 5G but still won't find it in the wlan settings, I am running windows 10 and a side note: I can find some 5G networks but not mine. why???Every single device can find it and get above 60Megabits/s  but I'm stuck with 32 plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.trendnet.com/products/wifi/ac-adapters/ac1200/tew-805ub#tabs-solution02

Maybe your router is too far away, as 5ghz frequency's aren't good at traveling long distances compared to a 2.4ghz frequency.

Might add this later...

Hello guys, I was wondering why my Wireless adapter won't find my router's 5ghz band, my router is 802.11ac and my adapter is the Trendnet 1200 805-UB it supports 5G but still won't find it in the wlan settings, I am running windows 10 and a side note: I can find some 5G networks but not mine. why???Every single device can find it and get above 60Megabits/s  but I'm stuck with 32 plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a tp link archer c9 and it has 5ghz band and it shows up but when i connect to it the signal strenght is way worse and the internet dropps out regularly. i dont know what the issue is but ive never connected to a 5ghz band successfully.

Maybe your router is too far away, as 5ghz isn't good at traveling long distances compared to the 2.4ghz frequency.

but my laptop connects to it with ease when I'm in my room with my desktop that doesn't work

Maybe the adapter doesn't like the broadcast channel... Try changing the channel or connecting vi manual name input (instead of searching, type in the SSID and Password manually) just to check

Quote me in replies so I see them.

Maybe the adapter doesn't like the broadcast channel... Try changing the channel or connecting vi manual name input (instead of searching, type in the SSID and Password manually) just to check

I did but then nothing happened

What happens after I change the channel

I did but then nothing happened

Both changing channels and manual input?

Edit:

What happens after I change the channel

If you change the channel, the 5G will become unavailable for maybe 30 secs, then it will come back on as if nothing happened.

Edited by VikingGaming

Both changing channels and manual input?

Edit:

If you change the channel, the 5G will become unavailable for maybe 30 secs, then it will come back on as if nothing happened.

what about my other devices will they reconnect, and one more thing how should I know what channel to put

what about my other devices will they reconnect, and one more thing how should I know what channel to put

Yes, other devices should reconnect. As for channel, check online for what channel your router operates best at. My Asus N66U (Dark Knight) is broadcasting at channels in the 40-something range IIRC.

Yes, other devices should reconnect. As for channel, check online for what channel your router operates best at. My Asus N66U (Dark Knight) is broadcasting at channels in the 40-something range IIRC.

It didn't work

It didn't work

That's unusual. I know by experience that Windows 10 can have issues with the 5Ghz band. Especially with drivers, but I assume you are using the latest Win10 drivers?

http://www.trendnet.com/products/wifi/ac-adapters/ac1200/tew-805ub#tabs-solution02

Maybe your router is too far away, as 5ghz frequency's aren't good at traveling long distances compared to a 2.4ghz frequency.

It's probably the distance. Maybe putting a repeater somewhere in between will solve the problem.

i like trains 🙂

That's unusual. I know by experience that Windows 10 can have issues with the 5Ghz band. Especially with drivers, but I assume you are using the latest Win10 drivers?

Yes, I am 

It's probably the distance. Maybe putting a repeater somewhere in between will solve the problem.

I have a 6-year-old laptop that receives the signal no problem and this adapter is only 1 year old 

Yes, I am 

I have a 6-year-old laptop that receives the signal no problem and this adapter is only 1 year old 

Doesnt matter how old it is, I can have a 6 year old PC, whats better than a 1 year old PC...

Might add this later...

Yes, I am 

I think the point is that the active range your laptop's integrated card can seek connections at is far larger than both the range of your desktop's card and the output of the router's 5GHz band.

Here's a range diagram:

ejihAdL.png

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Doesnt matter how old it is, I can have a 6 year old PC, whats better than a 1 year old PC...

specs

I think the point is that the active range your laptop's integrated card can seek connections at is far larger than both the range of your desktop's card and the output of the router's 5GHz band.

Here's a range diagram:

ejihAdL.png

Got it

Keep in mind, most USB WiFI devices have an internal antenna. Most laptops have their antennas run up the side of your screen. So I would say your laptop has a better antenna. You could try a USB device with an external antenna or buy a PCI express card. Im 15 to 20 feet away with 2 walls and I get nearly perfect signal on 5Ghz. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.