A question from from someone looking to make a computer

Raymond1046

I have been looking at putting together a gaming computer for a while now. And I have recently been looking at the website cyberpowerpc. I was just wondering if someone could look at what i have set up and tell me if it would work and offer suggestions as to what could make it better. I appriciate  any advice you could offer :)

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HM7XU

This link should have all of the stuff i have set up so far. Basically what i am looking for is a really good gaming computer, preferably one that doesn't have really loud fans :) though i am considering liquid cooling (not sure on it yet). I know that i want it to have wireless internet out of the box i really don't want to have one of those wifi usb things sticking out of my computer. Other than that i am really up to change things if it would make the computer run better. since i haven't actually built a computer before i thought it might be a good idea to see if you guys had any suggestions :)

Only one 980 for a $2700 build?!

You're getting ripped off. You should order your parts from NCIX and pay $50 for them to build it if you're not confident enough to do it yourself.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I have been looking at putting together a gaming computer for a while now. And I have recently been looking at the website cyberpowerpc. I was just wondering if someone could look at what i have set up and tell me if it would work and offer suggestions as to what could make it better. I appriciate  any advice you could offer :)

This link should have all of the stuff i have set up so far. Basically what i am looking for is a really good gaming computer, preferably one that doesn't have really loud fans :) though i am considering liquid cooling (not sure on it yet). I know that i want it to have wireless internet out of the box i really don't want to have one of those wifi usb things sticking out of my computer. Other than that i am really up to change things if it would make the computer run better. since i haven't actually built a computer before i thought it might be a good idea to see if you guys had any suggestions :)

You're looking to custom build a computer, but you're asking us to check out CyberpowerPC?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Bit of a rip off. If its just gaming youre after. An Intel i5 is perfectly fine. Pair that with a 980 or 980ti and youll be able to play anything you want on max settings (just not 4k haha)

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

personally i think that there are a lot of extras that you have added, which is fine, but if you are willing to spend that amount of money i would reconsider getting a 980 ti instead of a 980 because even some small changes to your build like a smaller ssd or a slightly downgraded motherboard could allow for a much better gaming experience.

Here is an example of the difference between the two 

Only one 980 for a $2700 build?!

You're getting ripped off. You should order your parts from NCIX and pay $50 for them to build it if you're not confident enough to do it yourself.

Completely agree.

personally i think that there are a lot of extras that you have added, which is fine, but if you are willing to spend that amount of money i would reconsider getting a 980 ti instead of a 980 because even some small changes to your build like a smaller ssd or a slightly downgraded motherboard could allow for a much better gaming experience.

Here is an example of the difference between the two 

Still, for the price there should be no way in hell to be getting a 980 for that price in the first place.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Never buy prebuilt, you will 96% of the time be getting ripped of royally. If you are willing to spend almost 3 grand on that then you could comprise a list of parts that would do better than that for less and get more out of it.

$2700 not counting monitor would be SLI 980 Ti territory. I mean if you really want to spend $2700, this system will shit all over that Cyberpowerpc garbage while being pretty quiet:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($150.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($689.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($689.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($87.95 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($16.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $2710.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-27 01:37 EST-0500

Nah, SLI 980 Ti territory is likely even cheaper than $2700.

Well, maybe not as the post above shows Im wrong. Pffft USD.

Linus is my fetish.

You're looking to custom build a computer, but you're asking us to check out CyberpowerPC?

I am looking to get a custom pc built. however cyberpowerpc was the only website i found that allowed me to customize it with the options i wanted. I dont necessarily have to buy it from them i just didnt want to go and buy a bunch of parts make 1 mistake and end up with a bunch of parts instead of a computer which is the main reason i wanted it built when i got it.

and to be honest what i was probably going to do was after i got the computer specs i wanted nailed down and i was sure it would work the way i had it i was going to go to bestbuy or some other computer store and say if you have this and can beat the price ill buy it from you.

I also appriciate the feedback. I just didnt want to build the computer myself and if you guys have a suggestion for where to go that would be cool and i would check them out

I am looking to get a custom pc built. however cyberpowerpc was the only website i found that allowed me to customize it with the options i wanted. I dont necessarily have to buy it from them i just didnt want to go and buy a bunch of parts make 1 mistake and end up with a bunch of parts instead of a computer which is the main reason i wanted it built when i got it.

and to be honest what i was probably going to do was after i got the computer specs i wanted nailed down and i was sure it would work the way i had it i was going to go to bestbuy or some other computer store and say if you have this and can beat the price ill buy it from you.

I also appriciate the feedback. I just didnt want to build the computer myself and if you guys have a suggestion for where to go that would be cool and i would check them out

hahaha best buy...  rotfl

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Better performing system for a little less. All parts sourced through NCIX so their assembly service can be used. Case has built in lighting.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($178.98)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($341.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($649.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  ($142.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($137.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($27.99 @ NCIX US)
Other: PC Assembly and Testing With 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased ($50.00)
Total: $2419.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-27 16:51 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If you can't build the PC yourself, please don't go to Best Buy and go to NCIX instead. Order these parts from them (assuming your budget is $2700) and grab Windows 10 for another $100 and another $50 for them to build it. This will easily double the performance of that overpriced Cyberpower PC.

I've listed all prices in NCIX US retail prices:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($379.99 @ NCIX US)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($251.99 @ NCIX US)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($94.99)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($649.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($649.99 @ NCIX US)

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($127.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $2555.90

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-27 17:58 EST-0500

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder