So I have no idea what's going on with my SSD, i just want as large a C drive as I can get.

NJHourigan

You can just add that unallocated space to your current partition. The Recovery partition - I'm not sure what created that, but it's very big indeed (Mine is just 450MB.

To add the unallocated space, right click the main partition and choose "extend volume".

You could try shrinking the recovery partition, but I'm not 100% sure that won't cause issue, maybe someone else knows this.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

You can just add that unallocated space to your current partition. The Recovery partition - I'm not sure what created that, but it's very big indeed (Mine is just 450MB.

To add the unallocated space, right click the main partition and choose "extend volume".

You could try shrinking the recovery partition, but I'm not 100% sure that won't cause issue, maybe someone else knows this.

OEM's normally add a recovery partition to reset to default rather than formatting and starting from scratch. Some recoveries will be bigger than others depending how much bloat ware and settings were added by the retailer / OEM.

You can just delete this partition if you like, however you then lose the option to reset to default if you ever want to use it.

If i right click on the C drive, extend partition is greyed out

https://gyazo.com/c2b15045dc0f5078294b236e6f5bd45c

^Above^

You need to first delete the partition before you can merge it with another. It's unallocated but still allocated, it needs to be "raw" before it can be merged. I hope you understand that.

It's not a race to the bottom.

OEM's normally add a recovery partition to reset to default rather than formatting and starting from scratch. Some recoveries will be bigger than others depending how much bloat ware and settings were added by the retailer / OEM.

You can just delete this partition if you like, however you then lose the option to reset to default if you ever want to use it.

^Above^

You need to first delete the partition before you can merge it with another. It's unallocated but still allocated, it needs to be "raw" before it can be merged. I hope you understand that.

There isn't an OEM, I built the system myself, but I managed to put the unallocated stuff ont the C drive, it looks like this now

https://gyazo.com/bd2aaa5e978204f9162d082cdf69a127

^Above^

Pretty sure windows itself also adds a recovery partition, as my system's not an OEM system, nor is the drive salvaged from one. OEM's may change the standard size though.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Pretty sure windows itself also adds a recovery partition, as my system's not an OEM system, nor is the drive salvaged from one. OEM's may change the standard size though.

I've never had a recovery partition, even in previous OS's.

The only time I have seen one is in OEM's. So I assumed that was the only way to get one.

It's not a race to the bottom.