I need a new Antivirus & Malware program.

skEmpyre

I've been looking for a new, safe, anti-virus and anti-malware program that I don't have to pay for. I know that paying for one is better but I just don't have the money right now. I am currently running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE version which doesn't do everything I want it to, it no longer gives me real-time protection and doesn't autoscan. I've recently downloaded Avira Free Antivirus and have seen and hear great stuff about it, however, I am wondering if there is anything else out there that is better?

I considered going with Avast but I decided not to.

My top choices were: Avira Free Antivirus and AVG Free Antivirus & Malware. Should I stay with Avira or switch to AVG?

I've been looking for a new, safe, anti-virus and anti-malware program that I don't have to pay for. I know that paying for one is better but I just don't have the money right now. I am currently running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE version which doesn't do everything I want it to, it no longer gives me real-time protection and doesn't autoscan. I've recently downloaded Avira Free Antivirus and have seen and hear great stuff about it, however, I am wondering if there is anything else out there that is better? I considered going with Avast but I decided not to. My top choices were: Avira Free Antivirus and AVG Free Antivirus & Malware. Should I stay with Avira or switch to AVG?

Periodic scans with Malwarebytes and common sense is the best option for an antivirus.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

i NEVER used or will use an antivirus. they just slow down your pc...

common sense is the best choice

antiviruses think that they are smarter than you

even when you know for sure that is not a virus, they say virus/infection/whatever detected, so annoying :angry:  

Periodic scans with Malwarebytes and common sense is the best option for an antivirus.

This ^

I think we really need a sticky on this, or recommend software in general. This question is asked too much. This thread should be a sticky, but of course, should be audited for errors and such beforehand..

That aside:

For free AV you should either get Avira or Bitdefender. Bitdefender is more lightweight, but it doesn't give you many options in terms of control or how it works.

If you want a paid one then either Bitdefender or Kaspersky. I would probably go with Kaspersky just for the fact that their team has found a lot of security issues in the past. You can also check out AVTEST, a third-party company that rates AVs. (Bitdefender and Kaspersky are the top 2)

You will also want to scan your computer weekly, or whatever amount of time you are comfortable with, with Malwarebytes. Just to be clear, Malwarebytes is NOT an AV, nor should it be used like one. So do not run it along side your AV, only use it is a scanner. Make sure to not accept the trial it offers, and to disable it on startup.

Avast is the Best antivirus software.It does not take too much memory to load.If you still want other use AVG.

If you have a legit copy/license of Windows, why not use Microsoft Security Essentials?

The best antivirus software is right between your ears. Get malwarebytes and call it a day.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The best antivirus software is right between your ears. Get malwarebytes and call it a day.

I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, The free version but I also want an Anti-virus program.

I've been looking for a new, safe, anti-virus and anti-malware program that I don't have to pay for. I know that paying for one is better but I just don't have the money right now. I am currently running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE version which doesn't do everything I want it to, it no longer gives me real-time protection and doesn't autoscan. I've recently downloaded Avira Free Antivirus and have seen and hear great stuff about it, however, I am wondering if there is anything else out there that is better?I considered going with Avast but I decided not to.My top choices were: Avira Free Antivirus and AVG Free Antivirus & Malware. Should I stay with Avira or switch to AVG?

If you have windows 8 and above it have an anti virus built in called windows defender( replaces Microsoft Security essential) if you have an activated version of Windows Vista and 7 you can download Microsoft Security essential.

I like NOD32. I'm using it along with MalwareBytes Premium.

I've been looking for a new, safe, anti-virus and anti-malware program that I don't have to pay for. I know that paying for one is better but I just don't have the money right now. I am currently running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE version which doesn't do everything I want it to, it no longer gives me real-time protection and doesn't autoscan. I've recently downloaded Avira Free Antivirus and have seen and hear great stuff about it, however, I am wondering if there is anything else out there that is better? I considered going with Avast but I decided not to. My top choices were: Avira Free Antivirus and AVG Free Antivirus & Malware. Should I stay with Avira or switch to AVG?

I think AVG is the best option. But having two anti-badstuff things on your pc is a good measure Ive found alot of things over the years with AVG and Malwarebytes (free) working together. You could always just start a poll on strawpoll ps make sure to put a turnip to make linus happy.

Current PC Specs

GPU: 750ti CPU: AMD FX-6300 PSU: EVGA 500W Case: Corsair Carbide Series Windowed 100R Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

I like NOD32. I'm using it along with MalwareBytes Premium.

I use NOD32 which version? I have 8 buisness

Current PC Specs

GPU: 750ti CPU: AMD FX-6300 PSU: EVGA 500W Case: Corsair Carbide Series Windowed 100R Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

I use NOD32 which version? I have 8 buisness

I use the anti-virus only version. I don't need the full Internet suite.

I use the anti-virus only version. I don't need the full Internet suite.

k

Current PC Specs