*HELP* Some sort of boot issue, I guess

Beausiph

So, I recently re installed OS X on my machine (http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/the-workbench/build-logs/11798-core-i7-3770k-bitfenix-prodigy-p8z77-i-mini-itx-gtx-650ti-beausiph-s-build). The install went fine - but I have two odd issues.

1.) I have the Windows 8 boot sector as my default boot source. My UEFI will start to boot it, but then it just goes to a black screen. If I go the UEFI boot menu and manually select the partition, It works fine. I've tried bootrec /fixboot /fixMBR and /rebuildBCD.

2.) I would be fine with just using Chimera or Chameleon - but the boot partition doesn't show up in it's list. All I can see is data partition (which won't boot).

Thanks for your help :)

*If this is in the wrong section, would a mod be so kind and move it? :D

Well I don't know... but if your UEFI is set to be in true UEFI mode, then your HDD/SSD must have be partition as GPT and not MBR by Windows 8 setup (assuming you did a clean install and not an upgrade)

For fix /fixMBR won't work, so that's one thing.

I looked in disk management, and you are correct it is GPT.

So yes, you definitly want it GPT for large scale storage and also support for Windows 8 fast/instant boot feature. But I don't know if it plays a part or not.

My only guess, is that the OS boot manager isn't the one from Microsoft, and doesn't support GPT.. .but I am only guessing here.. again I never did what any hackintosh, But if you gives you ideas to look into, then good.