Easy to sell a PSU?

Overkilled

So I recently found out my power supply sucks (I've been suspecting it for a while) how hard is it to sell a psu for close to its price new, ive had my 650 gs for less than six months now and I want to get a 650/750 g2 or corsair rmx/rmi

It's pretty hard to sell anything used for close to the new price, and anyone who knows anything about PSUs will probably be weary of a used one, even if it's actually fine.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

the GS is not a bad unit

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Well idk maybe it's been relegated to tier 2, apparently even the GQ is better

tier 2 hardly "sucks".  It's not like it's a CX :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Tier 2 out of 7 (really 8 but chinese fireboxes are too bad for a tier)  look at my sig, also the GQ is also tier 2

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The GS series are excellent quality. 

tier 2 hardly "sucks".  It's not like it's a CX :D

CX series doesn't suck either, they just have to be used in the right systems. 

CX series doesn't suck either, they just have to be used in the right systems. 

Let's be real; if we have to qualify which systems it's appropriate for, it's probably not very good :)

Tier 2 out of 7 look at my sig, also the GQ is also tier 2

Yeah I saw that, it used to be tier 1...

Let's be real; if we have to qualify which systems it's appropriate for, it's probably not very good :)

Not really. A lot of PC components aren't suitable for certain things. Like using a desktop drive in a storage server environment. The drive is probably going to die pretty quick, but it doesn't make the drive bad. The CX series offers a good value option for low power, basic builds. 

And that means it sucks? Tier 1 is the best of the best. It was moved down to make a clearer distinction between the quality of units. The G2/P2 series are excellent quality, with the GS being just behind them. Not worth replacing because it was moved down one tier on a list. 

But there are now 7 tiers to show greater difference between the PSUs, the GS is still great, but it just isn't perfection, all the new tier list does is allow people to get a better idea of the quality, the quality of the GS didn't go down it just isn't quite as high as high end platinum models or the G2 which is the best gold PSU on the market imo.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Not really. A lot of PC components aren't suitable for certain things. Like using a desktop drive in a storage server environment. The drive is probably going to die pretty quick, but it doesn't make the drive bad. The CX series offers a good value option for low power, basic builds. 

Damn you!  It feels like a bad comparison but I can't argue with that logic :D

That does raise the question however as to why there is a CX 750... seem to be if they were only intended to be used for what they are actually appropriate for, they wouldn't make them larger than 400W

Damn you!  It feels like a bad comparison but I can't argue with that logic :D

That does raise the question however as to why there is a CX 750... seem to be if they were only intended to be used for what they are actually appropriate for, they wouldn't make them larger than 400W

Corsair marketed it as a budget gaming product, which it shouldn't be used as, but they make the cheaply so it's essentially a marketing trap. That's why there is a 750W model (they can sell them to the uninformed) .

But there are now 7 tiers to show greater difference between the PSUs, the GS is still great, but it just isn't perfection, all the new tier list does is allow people to get a better idea of the quality, the quality of the GS didn't go down it just isn't quite as high as high end platinum models or the G2 which is the best gold PSU on the market imo.

You see I was under the impression that the 650 GS was better than the G2 because it has more 4x 8 pin pcie cables instead of 2 on the 650 g2

The forum tier list? It's fucking retarded. That's a good PSU. Jonnyguru > tier list. If its 8 or above it's solid. Your PSU is pretty good.

You see I was under the impression that the 650 GS was better than the G2 because it has more 4x 8 pin pcie cables instead of 2 on the 650 g2

The difference between them isn't a lot, or really significant in any way. GS is made by Seasonic, G2 is by SuperFlower, both of which are extremely reliable for any PSU they make. 

The forum tier list? It's fucking retarded. That's a good PSU. Jonnyguru > tier list. If its 8 or above it's solid.

It's a pretty good list, just that a lot of people take it too literally, and anything under tier 1 is sometimes seen as crap. 

While JonnyGuru is good, you can't just go off the rating he gives alone. He's given some shockingly bad PSUs high ratings. I've only ever seen a couple of <8 ratings from JonnyGuru. Best to read through the review in its entirety. 

The difference between them isn't a lot, or really significant in any way. GS is made by Seasonic, G2 is by SuperFlower, both of which are extremely reliable for any PSU they make.

To my knowledge the 550/650 gs isn't based off the same seasonic line they're based of the G series. The higher what GS's are based on the better X series

It's a pretty good list, just that a lot of people take it too literally, and anything under tier 1 is sometimes seen as crap. 

While JonnyGuru is good, you can't just go off the rating he gives alone. He's given some shockingly bad PSUs high ratings. I've only ever seen a couple of <8 ratings from JonnyGuru. Best to read through the review in its entirety. 

Of course, I don't personally go just off of score, but most people don't read.

The list isn't inclusive enough to be a good list. And honestly it's a bit pointless since anything "tier 5" or above is fine anyways. The only advantage to a high-tier PSU is that it's less likely to kill parts when it eventually dies.

Edit: also which shockingly bad PSUs? I must have missed them.

It's pretty good. And it fits for most systems. There are just usually better alternatives for the price. But there is nothing wrong with using a CX750M with a high-tier CPU and GPU.

Dear god the forum circle-jerk is getting funny.

To my knowledge the 550/650 gs isn't based off the same seasonic line they're based of the G series. The higher what GS's are based on the better X series

It is true that the higher wattage 850/1050 unit are based on a different platform than the lower wattage 550/650 (it's not G, btw); however, just because it isn't in the same "tier" doesn't mean that it is bad and warrant a replacement. I would keep it rather than selling your PSU at a lost.

It's pretty good. And it fits for most systems. There are just usually better alternatives for the price. But there is nothing wrong with using a CX750M with a high-tier CPU and GPU.

Dear god the forum circle-jerk is getting funny.

Well you say that but have you read the one star reviews on Amazon?

Well you say that but have you read the one star reviews on Amazon?

ffs. Angry customers are always louder than happy ones. Angry customers are much more likely to speak up than happy ones. Almost every angry one will. Very few happy ones will.

A lot of this forum is fucking retarded when it comes to PSUs. That's why I'm glad there's a tier list, inclusive enough or not, so the geniuses here don't recommend garbage.