Can I merge 2 SSD's and install an operating system on it?

Haris_Salesevic

So, I have a 120 GB SSD disk, and I want to buy another 480 GB SSD Disk and merge them together.

I know I can merge those disks, but can I install an OS (WIN 7) in it?

I have heard that it isn't possible, but I want to ask you guys to be 100%.  :D

Im quite certain that you cannot RAID 2 different drives, well you can RAID them but the 480gb SSD will be limited to 120gb of the 1st drive. You can install them seperatly, then you have one 120gb as boot drive and another 480gb

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Don't. Just use them independently.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

You can probably create a spanned volume using the two drives. I've done that in the past, but I've never tried to boot from it. You won't gain any performance or failure protection like a raid, but if all you want is to make life easy by only having one volume, that might be a way to do it.

Core i5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce | MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400 | NZXT S340 Red                                              EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow Tournament | Logitech G600 Razer Kraken USB                                                                                                            If you want me to see your post, please remember to quote me!

I know you already know this but I'll just pile on. Use them interdependently. Raiding them probably can be done, but it will be unstable and not worth the effort.