Can i improve my fan mounting/airflow by any way?

Daniel123dk

Heres a picture of my system:

8axBTgr.jpg

Front: 3x120mm Silent Wings 2 PWM (Intake)

Rear: Corsair AF120 QE (Exhaust)

Top: 2x Corsair AF120 QE (Exhaust)

My cooler is the Dark Rock Pro 3, with both fans running at their minimum speed. all other fans run at moderate speed while being completely silent.

But, can i improve my airflow, does it help removing my fan filter in the front? i dont care about dust.

Thank you :)

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Playstation Pulse Headset Corsair Air 540 | Deiog DY-200 | AOC G2460Fq 

Dell Keyboard | 6x BeQuiet Silent Wings PWM 120mm 

Built  Not Bought

You dont care about dust? Thats weird. The Airflow looks good enough for me. If your temps are fine. Just leave it like it is.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Zwq3VIS.png

Should that fan be removed or should they be turned the opposite way and intaking or what do you mean?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Built  Not Bought

In theory, removing the fan filter will help airflow, but I doubt it would be anything significant to sacrifice dust-prevention.

As for my advice, I don't see anything wrong with what you have. Is there anything wrong with your temps? If not, I'd just leave it.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

You dont care about dust? Thats weird. The Airflow looks good enough for me. If your temps are fine. Just leave it like it is.

I dont care about dust, no, i have not experienced dust in any of my other builds in cases with no air filters.

Built  Not Bought

I dont care about dust, no, i have not experienced dust in any of my other builds in cases with no air filters.

overtime you will have lots of dust in it, but if you have air compressor or air can, every 3 months or 4 you can just give a little clean.

In theory, removing the fan filter will help airflow, but I doubt it would be anything significant to sacrifice dust-prevention.

As for my advice, I don't see anything wrong with what you have. Is there anything wrong with your temps? If not, I'd just leave it.

At load, the cpu sits at about 52 degrees celcius (not overclocked atm) and the gpu sits at about 73 degrees celcius (gpu is boosting to 1379mhz)

Built  Not Bought

Should that fan be removed or should they be turned the opposite way and intaking or what do you mean?

if you care about esthetic leave it there, but you're exhausting fresh cold air..

otherwise remove it for less noise and better positive pressure.

overtime you will have lots of dust in it, but if you have air compressor or air can, every 3 months or 4 you can just give a little clean.

Yeah, you are right, so whats about that picture? and that fan thats pointless? care to explain? :)

Built  Not Bought

if you care about esthetic leave it there, but you're exhausting fresh cold air..

otherwise remove it for less noise and better positive pressure.

would it be completely stupid to make the two top ones intake instead? :)

Built  Not Bought

would it be completely stupid to make the two top ones intake instead? :)

yes, hot air rises. top should be exhaust.

just quick image to explain. this case has psu mounted on top but you get the idea.

computer-case-cooling-thermal-image.jpg

yes, hot air rises. top should be exhaust.

just quick image to explain. this case has psu mounted on top but you get the idea.

computer-case-cooling-thermal-image.jpg

Ah okay, well, i would keep it just for looks, i think that it would look stupid with only one fan upthere :D

Built  Not Bought

Ah okay, well, i would keep it just for looks, i think that it would look stupid with only one fan upthere :D

your PC would have better temps if the 3 intake front fans would be facing the ground. (your pc would be turned 90 degree)

also the "be quiet" logo would be on the right side. would look less stupid  B)

My Fan mounting looks similar to yours. And i know i dont need all of them, but i like the look of it.

I use Dustfilters tho. 4° more is worth it for me.

post-227208-0-07402900-1453558018_thumb.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

My Fan mounting looks similar to yours. And i know i dont need all of them, but i like the look of it.

i like the look of yours, thats sexy :D

Built  Not Bought

ffvFJqz.png

I might try it out, otherwise, if i dont like it, im just living with it :D

Built  Not Bought

i like the look of yours, thats sexy :D

changed the temps of the arrow. lol

p6FMLvP.jpg