PC not booting / drives not detected

Uehm

Hello all,

I have a predicament. For the past week or so my D drive has not been able to be detected. I have had this drive for about two years now. It is a WD green 1.5tb drive. It is plugged in and was working until it randomly decided not to. I am also having issues with my ethernet. For some reason whenever I boot up my pc, it doesn't work. I have to right click the Ethernet icon in the taskbar and select troubleshoot problems. It takes about 2 minutes and ultimately resets the Internet drjver.

Now, I could live with these problems until the one I have now. I just got home from work and when I went to boot up my pc, it stuck itself into a boot loop (?). Here is a quick video showing tbis:

It has been like this for the past 20-30 minutes with no end in sight. I have tried rebooting, i have tried pressing to go to the bios setup, which it is not letting me do.

Any help at all at this point would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello all,

I have a predicament. For the past week or so my D drive has not been able to be detected. I have had this drive for about two years now. It is a WD green 1.5tb drive. It is plugged in and was working until it randomly decided not to. I am also having issues with my ethernet. For some reason whenever I boot up my pc, it doesn't work. I have to right click the Ethernet icon in the taskbar and select troubleshoot problems. It takes about 2 minutes and ultimately resets the Internet drjver.

Now, I could live with these problems until the one I have now. I just got home from work and when I went to boot up my pc, it stuck itself into a boot loop (?). Here is a quick video showing tbis:

It has been like this for the past 20-30 minutes with no end in sight. I have tried rebooting, i have tried pressing to go to the bios setup, which it is not letting me do.

Any help at all at this point would be appreciated. Thank you.

If your D: drive truly is faulty, that could be causing the boot loop.  Disconnect the drive entirely and see if it will boot then.  If still not, try resetting CMOS.

Unplug all drives bar your boot drive. Try booting.

If fail, unplug all but each drive 1 at a time and try booting, see if bios can see it. 

If all fail, send mobo back to MSI.

I recently sent one of my machines mobos back to msi, they fixed it for free (bar shipping), they are good like that (but it does take like a month).

If your D: drive truly is faulty, that could be causing the boot loop.  Disconnect the drive entirely and see if it will boot then.  If still not, try resetting CMOS.

D: drive is just my random crap drive, my c drive is my ssd. I'll try resetting it.

Unplug all drives bar your boot drive. Try booting.

If fail, unplug all but each drive 1 at a time and try booting, see if bios can see it. 

If all fail, send mobo back to MSI.

Will they accept it even though I'm pretty sure my

I mobo recently sent one of my machines mobos back to msi, they fixed it for free (bar shipping), they are good like that (but it does take like a month).

Will msi still accept it seeing as I've had this mobo for about 2 years nkw? I also can't go a month without a pc.

D: drive is just my random crap drive, my c drive is my ssd. I'll try resetting it.

Doesn't matter if its just a storage drive or not, when the PC starts up one of the first thing that happens is the drives are detected, and if the D drive is faulty, it could be causing an issue with the detection causing a boot loop.   

That very well might not be the issue, but its certainly worth a try.

Doesn't matter if its just a storage drive or not, when the PC starts up one of the first thing that happens is the drives are detected, and if the D drive is faulty, it could be causing an issue with the detection causing a boot loop.   

That very well might not be the issue, but its certainly worth a try.

Yup tried it and it didn't change abything. It has been working the past week without itbeing detected, dunno what happened now.

Yup tried it and it didn't change abything. It has been working the past week without itbeing detected, dunno what happened now.

Try resetting CMOS. 

Can you get into bios at all? If you can turn off boot screen so you can see what is going on, video / photo that.

TEST: Swap SATA cable from C drive to D drive, see what is detected, change port (plugged in point).