Need help with getting pc to post

CurtisLasc3ll3

Just bought a new msi 970 series motherboard to run dual gpus. My previous motherboard gpu cpu ram combo worked just fine prior and posted ever time, now that i put together my computer with the new motherboard it fails to post or wont send a signal through to my graphics card everything powers on just nothing happens i even tried to put my old motherboard back in to fi d it doing the same thing as the new one. Does anyone know what its doing?

Does your motherboard give any light or sound signals to indicate a post error code?

Just bought a new msi 970 series motherboard to run dual gpus. My previous motherboard gpu cpu ram combo worked just fine prior and posted ever time, now that i put together my computer with the new motherboard it fails to post or wont send a signal through to my graphics card everything powers on just nothing happens i even tried to put my old motherboard back in to fi d it doing the same thing as the new one. Does anyone know what its doing?

Did you clear cmos?

What is the beep pattern, if there is one?

It also really doesn't help that he posted 2 copies of this in different areas. :/

This guide is one that appears very popular for this error. Try running through it, it worked for the other fellow.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Edited by Xmrp18

There is no beep pattern no speaker and i relized i posted in general discussion and couldnt figure out how to deleate my thread so i just made another one in troubleshooting because i thought it would be more fitting sorry for the double posting

There are no lights no beeps and i dont think there are cmos jumpers on the board i could check

Please take a look at the help links/comments posted in your other thread.

"Turn off the computer and take a flat head screwdriver and touch the two pins together. this will short between the two pins and clear the cmos. If you have an old HDD laying around there might be a little jumper on a set of the pins you can also use one of those, you just have to remember to take it back off.

You wont have any issues using a screwdriver to short the pins.

page 1-28 in your manual explains how to do this and where the jumper pins are at. just touch something metal between the two pins for a few seconds, then boot the computer back up. should have a cleared cmos then."

I sorted the pins and still no post i made sure everything is seated everything is pluged in as well