The Geforce 8400GS 1GB? Low Profile Brackets?

Koren_Gagin

Hi new here and well I need some help. Got a potato and well I have been looking  at a few GPUs to help bring the hamster in my computer from over working to just play some simple basic games to a calm relaxing mild walk or jog.

I picked the Geforce 8400GS since it fits my PSU nicely and PCIE port since I have a 2.0 the issue i have is its impossible to find the bugger in a store where i live and will every site that sells the darn thing has no mention if it comes with or without half sized brackets. and all customer reviews seemed to be mixed at best.

OPs Note: yes why buy a cheao $30 GPU and I should go build me a proper rig. well I am but spending 30 dollars just to keep my current computer going since work wont let me work an insane amount of hours to be able to afford buying the parts all at once. Even those pesky bills wont stop being mailed to me.

OK! sorry for the rant just had people on other furoms never stop talking about why even upgrade and just hold out for full upgrading. If anyone can help answer does the 8400GS come with or without half sized brackets. The help would be greatly appreciated.

the issue is its not my computer per say if i dont keep it looking pretty it well be noticed.......

That's an ancient graphic cards, ur unlikely to find stuff for it.

And to be blunt, most tech guys here will just say what u've already heard on other forums, wait and make a bigger upgrade, or buy something newer. That GPU was ow end when it came out, and its now like 7 generations old ...very slow in comparison to current gen cards.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Hi new here and well I need some help. Got a potato and well I have been looking  at a few GPUs to help bring the hamster in my computer from over working to just play some simple basic games to a calm relaxing mild walk or jog.

I picked the Geforce 8400GS since it fits my PSU nicely and PCIE port since I have a 2.0 the issue i have is its impossible to find the bugger in a store where i live and will every site that sells the darn thing has no mention if it comes with or without half sized brackets. and all customer reviews seemed to be mixed at best.

OPs Note: yes why buy a cheao $30 GPU and I should go build me a proper rig. well I am but spending 30 dollars just to keep my current computer going since work wont let me work an insane amount of hours to be able to afford buying the parts all at once. Even those pesky bills wont stop being mailed to me.

OK! sorry for the rant just had people on other furoms never stop talking about why even upgrade and just hold out for full upgrading. If anyone can help answer does the 8400GS come with or without half sized brackets. The help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=low%20profile%20geforce%208400gs

at least some do. The PNY it shows on the side does.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I have a couple spare low profile brackets...

If you could SLI them i bet they would be equal to the performance of ..

a modern iGPU