Best FM2+ cpu?

I've had a prebuilt pc with an FM2+ socket. I'm looking to upgrade my processor which is currently now the a10-5700. 

My question is what is the best fm2+ socket cpu on the market right now? for gaming,movies,etc.

EDIT: i currently have a Asus gtx 960 4gb graphics card. Mobo: MSI MS 7778 mobo, 500B EVGA psu.

You're basically limited to the AMD Athlon X4 860K. I recommend upgrading the motherboard so you don't get stuck in the same situation I'm stuck in.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

honestly you will gain more by adding a graphics card. A 950 or 750ti are good choices that won't break the bank or over stress your power supply. Just make sure that your power supply has the needed power connectors.

The best cpu available for fm2+ (assuming your mobo supports it) would be the Athlon x4 860k or the A-10 7870k. But again, you'll gain more right now from a graphics card, after which, if your motherboard supports it, you could get the Athlon.

Be sure what your pc can support before buying anything. Pre-built pcs are are built to be cheap and profitable, which often means limited upgradability due to cheap low cost motherboards and power supplies

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

honestly you will gain more by adding a graphics card. A 950 or 750ti are good choices that won't break the bank or over stress your power supply. Just make sure that your power supply has the needed power connectors.

The best cpu available for fm2+ (assuming your mobo supports it) would be the Athlon x4 860k or the A-10 7870k. But again, you'll gain more right now from a graphics card, after which, if your motherboard supports it, you could get the Athlon.

Be sure what your pc can support before buying anything. Pre-built pcs are are built to be cheap and profitable, which often means limited upgradability due to cheap low cost motherboards and power supplies

You're basically limited to the AMD Athlon X4 860K. I recommend upgrading the motherboard so you don't get stuck in the same situation I'm stuck in.

Sorry guys, I forgot to say that I also have an Asus GTX 960 4gb.

change your motherboard and cpu to something intel like an i3. your going to be bottlenecked no matter what on the fm2+ socket.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

the a10-5700 is already amongst the high end of fm2+ cpus, upgrading wouldn't really be worth it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd recommend an i3 then. Get over on intel. You could go with the Athlon but the improvement won't be that much and you'll still bottleneck the graphics card in some games.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Technically the A10-7850K is the best 

I would suggest just saving up and going for a low end haswell upgrade

Z97 if you intend to overclock later, H81 if you do not intend to 

You know it don't take much thinking to know when a guy asks a question about upgrading a AMD Product line that he is not looking for a Intel solution. Now if he said hey I currently got a FM2 motherboard I want to upgrade my system what would be good options. You Intel guys are the biggest homers. You also do nothing to help the guys with his question. I never owned a FM motherboard myself so I can not give you a good answer to your question. I think the A10-7850k for $150 will let you drop into your current rig without upgrading all your equipment.

Nvm, need to read more. Ignore me. <3

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Hey I think I have the same PC if you have an HP lol.

anyway just stick to it for the mean time nothing worth it for fm2+ sockets.

So what I did is sold my mobo (MSI-7778 - Jasmin) and AMD 10-6800K.

Bought a used i7-2600 and a simple LGA1155 Mobo.

1080p gaming is runnign smoothly