Choosing the SDD

JoshPC

I've been saving up for the Kingston HyperX fury 120gb SSD which is $81 AUD inc shipping $69 original price. Is this a good SSD for like OS use?

I've been saving up for the Kingston HyperX fury 120gb SSD which is $81 AUD inc shipping $69 original price. Is this a good SSD for like OS use?

You could also go for the Samsung 850 EVO. If I were you I would wait and save more money to get an 250GB SSD because 120GB will get full really fast,

Its fine to use for OS as long as you have another SSD or HDD for all your games/other files. But as RaptorCandy said I would suggest getting a 250GB SSD if you can afford it. If you can't the one you have pick out will do just fine.

CPU: i7 6700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V @ 2400mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr | Case: Corsair 300r windowed | Storage: 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Monitor: BenQ xl2420z | Cooler: Corsair h60 | Sound: Astro A40 | Mouse: Razer Taipan | OS: Win 8.1 | PCPartPicker Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xV7tZL

You could also go for the Samsung 850 EVO. If I were you I would wait and save more money to get an 250GB SSD because 120GB will get full really fast,

It's like $100 though. The storage doesn't really matter because it's only going to be used for OS and important files, noting big in size

Its fine to use for OS as long as you have another SSD or HDD for all your games/other files. But as RaptorCandy said I would suggest getting a 250GB SSD if you can afford it. If you can't the one you have pick out will do just fine.

Yeah I have a 1tb hard drive as well

Yeah I have a 1tb hard drive as well

It's like $100 though. The storage doesn't really matter because it's only going to be used for OS and important files, noting big in size

Then I would go with the one you picked out. Just make sure you keep drivers and Windows updates under control because they can rack up a shit tonne of space very quickly. 

CPU: i7 6700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V @ 2400mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr | Case: Corsair 300r windowed | Storage: 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Monitor: BenQ xl2420z | Cooler: Corsair h60 | Sound: Astro A40 | Mouse: Razer Taipan | OS: Win 8.1 | PCPartPicker Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xV7tZL

Than it's your decision to go with. The Kingston Hyper X or Samsung 850 EVO.

Then I would go with the one you picked out. Just make sure you keep drivers and Windows updates under control because they can rack up a shit tonne of space very quickly.

Thanks for the advice, just one more question. Do you know the rough amount of storage windows 10 uses

If you're on a tight budget, then just go for the cheapest one that's got a well known brand. But I do really recommend the 850 from Samsung. The windows 10 size after install are around 11-18 GB (x64)

Current Build Logs : ~ "The Future is Back" ~ "NES, The Little Beast" ~

z170l || i5-6600k || Noctua something cooler || 2x16gb ddr4 || msi 1050ti superlowprofile || hdplex 260w psu

Thanks for the advice, just one more question. Do you know the rough amount of storage windows 10 uses

Roughly 20GB. That's just going off my Win 8.1 size.

Around 10GB max.

I heard that BX100 and BX200 are great SSDs with even better price per gigabyte.