Corsair 300r Window

MichaelQ

The default window in question has the fan grills in the side panel which in my opinion look horrible. On the actual panel itself though i like how the acrylic sits flush with the rest of the aluminium panel itself and was wondering if it is possible to replicate this with a solid clear piece of acrylic instead?

Note: i would probably buy the solid panel from corsair and mod that if needed.

The default window in question has the fan grills in the side panel which in my opinion look horrible. On the actual panel itself though i like how the acrylic sits flush with the rest of the aluminium panel itself and was wondering if it is possible to replicate this with a solid clear piece of acrylic instead?

You're saying that the window has fan ventilation in it, and you want to remove that?

I would buy a sheet of acrylic or glass, and cut that up to size, take the default window out, and install the new window in.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

The side window looks like this, so i want to replace that with a clear sheet of acrylic. My main issue is i dont want there to be a lip between the acrylic and the aluminium which would occur by sticking the acrylic to the back of the panel itself.

bb7a.jpg

The side window looks like this, so i want to replace that with a clear sheet of acrylic. My main issue is i dont want there to be a lip between the acrylic and the aluminium which would occur by sticking the acrylic to the back of the panel itself.

bb7a.jpg

Get a new piece of acrylic, and sand down the edges so it sits flush with the case panel.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

a rabbeting Bit on a router table. a CNC table would be better. i would use Lexan(polycarbonate) it routes better.

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

I have the window as well

The Beast

I'm going to be taking that out and getting a new peace to clean it up. I agree it looks bad with the fan holes. but with a clean peace, it would be one awesome side panel in my opinion.

-Greg Weaver